Sunday, July 13, 2014
2014 Character Cup - Round 1A
Note - Polls close about 2 pm CST Monday.
It's finally time to begin and I hope you guys are as excited about this contest as I am. The goal is for us to pass the hiatus time with great TV talk and loads of fun. Alas in every internet contest ever, there are always things that come up and ruin the fun for everyone. In an attempt to shoot for the stars and miraculously avoid these, here are the rules:
1. The Aliens Haven't Landed. There's No Conspiracy Here - I have no hidden agenda. Everything is placed in brackets based on number of nominations and ranking polls. If your favorite show goes against a giant, it's nothing personal. There's also no secret underground of people cheating polls. Nobody gets paid for that so nobody has time for that. Especially since this contest means absolute squat. It's just for fun.
2. Leave Sour Grapes on the Vine - Yeah, it sucks when your favorite gets kicked off by a show you hate. Yep, the winning character will come from the most organized fandom that works the hardest to get the word out. Them's the facts of life and internet, folks. It doesn't mean we can't have fun. So discuss why you love your favorite instead of vetching about life's unfairness and bringing down the room. I promise we'll all have more fun that way.
3. It's Not 2048 and My Name's Not Dorian - I will do my very best to keep the contest running smoothly and let you know the approximate time each poll ends. However, I occasionally do silly things like put the wrong date on a poll so it doesn't end the exact time I thought. Again see #1. Let me know and I'll fix it. I apologize in advance for any technical difficulties.
4. Comments are the Wellspring of Hiatus Life - Most of us anxiously await a favorite show's return and if you're like me, right about now is when I start feeling the wait the most. Why not distract yourself with a little TV talk? So explain your voting choices. What is your favorite thing about a character? Your favorite character arc? What are your hopes for him or her? The conversation is endless as long as someone starts it.
Nuts and Bolts -
1. All polls, even the final one, will be about 24 hours long. A new poll goes up every day unless something unforeseen happens so you always know when your favorites compete.
2. Everything is head-to-head competition unless there's a tie and then both go to the next round.
3. One vote per IP per poll.
4. All comments must stay civil. No attacking or insulting a fandom. Any comment deemed unrespectful will be flagged for removal. Respect makes for a happy contest.