as you can get, Eddie and Sam have chemistry and they balance each other out nicely. Sam brings a sunny attitude and levity to the show, while Eddie brings the know-how without crushing her spirit or making her feel unduly stupid. They give and take well, especially for having so few episodes.
~It was good to see Seamus Dever back on my TV. The Ryan and Esposito bromance was my favorite thing about Castle.
~Overall this episode was fun and the leads are well-cast. The show is starting to find its rhythm and it makes for good, light-hearted summer viewing. However, they need to tighten up the writing, slow down the romance cliches, and continue to develop the characters. I also like how this episode was a great way to reminisce about Castle. They would do well to bring back others from the show too.
2. Sam: “I think that gun takes more than a C-cup.”
3. Todd: “Anyway, this is like Final Destination. Maybe I was really supposed to die of cancer and this is God’s way of fixing His mistake.” Eddie: “God doesn’t plant car bombs.”
4. Sam: “I am not going down without a fight and I’m definitely not dying in some dank garage in the Valley.”
6. Eddie: “You know there’s 2 things that I’ve learned in life, Sam. Nothing good happens after 3 am and it’s never what you think it is.”
7. Sam: “I told you to find someone who stands out, not be someone who stands out.”
8. Eddie: “All we’re saying is that if you know a Todd Garlin, and he did hire you to kill him, he just wants to terminate his contract.” Sam: “Bad choice of words.”
Best Plan - Eddie pulls the killer forward and shorts out the Faraday cage
Best Bait and Switch - it looks like Todd is going to shoot his brother but he’s really there with the police
Best Moment - Sam and Todd talk about him becoming a better husband and father
Best Product Name (tie) - Aorta Recorda / Intella-brella
Biggest Aww Moment - Sam tracks down Eddie’s old surfboard
Biggest Laugh - Chris hands Eddie back his belt and Sam back her bra
Biggest Surprise - they take down a contract killer in 20 minutes
Dumbest Idea - bringing the “dead” man to the funeral
Weirdest Close-Up - the stairway handrail
Least Realistic - finding the surfboard
Most Disconcerting - Seeing Niall Matter as an attempted murderer after watching him play the good guy in all those Hallmark Christmas movies
Most Realistic - faking a death is harder than it seems on a TV episode, even this one
Most Dramatic - the “very important” music swells in the score
Most Improved Character - Chris Rollins
The “Smooth Move” Award - Eddie drops his gun right when they need it most
The "Welcome Back" Award - Seamus Dever, Niall Matter, Christine Chatelain
Screencaps by SpoilerTV, Give Me My Remote, IMDb, Laughing Place, ABC Go, TV Time, and Tumblr.