With the Favorite Episode now officially crowned and the episode competition over, it's time to reflect on those characters that moved us with their stories and inspired us to love TV that much more. Whether it's a character on a show that's still on, one long ended, or anything in between, some characters just resonate and pull us into their sagas. The Character Cup is designed to honor those characters, so reflect back on all your favorite TV because it's nomination time.
Nominations will remain open until 12:01 am CST on July 15. Nominating/ranking polls will come immediately after if necessary and more info about the actual contest will be posted then. If you haven't participated in the Character Cup on SpoilerTV before, it's simply a way to show your favorite characters some love and pass the time until the fall season starts. There's nothing serious about it. People nominate their favorite characters and the top 64 characters go head-to-head. So think back on all those great TV shows you've watched in the past or are watching now. Who are your favorites?
While the Character Cup works the same way as other SpoilerTV summer contests, there are some differences. The biggest is that each show can be represented by only 1 character and only 1 character per actor. This allows more variety so more people can participate. Therefore, you can only nominate 1 character per show and 1 character per actor. Also, once a character wins this competition they are retired. A list of previous winners is in the Nomination Rules.
For me though, the best difference is the TV Talk Topic. Each day there is a new TV topic to discuss so even if you don't have anyone to vote for that day, you can still be part of the conversation. If you have any great TV Talk topics, please add them to the nomination form. I can't wait to talk TV with you again.
Nomination Rules (PLEASE READ):
1. Only 1 Submission per person. If you submit multiple times ALL your submissions will be removed.
2. You can nominate 3-4 characters but they must be on the same nomination form. They can be from shows currently airing, those long ended, and everything in between. Only characters from scripted shows are eligible though.
3. Nominating more than 1 character from the same show or more than 1 character per actor will invalidate your nominations.
4. Only nominations with both the character AND the TV show will be included. Also please use the character's full name if you can. If a character is always called by their nickname, that will work too.
5. Please do NOT nominate Jack Shephard (LOST), Dean Winchester (Supernatural), Castiel (Supernatural), Root (Person of Interest), Sameen Shaw (Person of Interest) or Alex Danvers (Supergirl). These characters are already past winners and therefore cannot run again. Any nominations for them will be invalid.
6. While this is only the nominating stage, it's a great idea to talk up your character in the comments section. Last year we had several characters that people wished they had nominated but forgot about. This is especially true for shows that are not currently airing.
7. Nominations will close at 12:01 am CST on July 15.. Nominating/ranking polls will begin shortly after and will last about 24 hours.
8. Questions? Ask in the comments below.