I mistakenly allowed both Veronica Mars and Eleanor Shellstrop into the contest, forgetting that they are both played by the same actress. Since only one character is allowed per actor, I have taken Eleanor off and added in the 2 characters who originally tied for the 10th spot. I deeply apologize but if you have already made your prediction, you will have to do so again. Challonge would not let me add the new characters so I had to re-do it. Again, I apologize. The new link is here and below. A big thanks to Isaac, who pointed out my mistake before the contest began. I have also updates the brackets and rankings. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
The nominations and rankings are done and now the real fun begins. Below you will find a complete list of characters that made it into the 2018 Character Cup, the official brackets, and homework. I made a mistake in the original list and had 2 characters played by the same actress. Therefore, we will have 64 competing this year after all. This does change the match-ups for several characters.
For those new to the Character Cup, one additional piece of fun is the prediction contest. I highly urge you to enter because is a lot of fun and absolutely free. This is your chance to guess which characters will win each round. Remember the prediction contest is about who you think will win, NOT who you want to win. Like last year we are using Challonge to run it. You may have to sign up to use it (not quite sure), but it is completely free. You have until 2 pm CST on Tuesday, July 17 to complete your predictions. Just for fun, I have also added a wish contest this year if you want to make one for who you want to win as well.
Prediction Contest Rules:
1. Only one prediction per person. You can also do a wish bracket.
2. When titling your prediction, please use your Disqus or SpoilerTV name. If you do not have either, please use your name or something short.
3. Your predictions can be edited up until predictions close, but to do so you must copy and paste a very, very long link to find your prediction again. It only shows up once so, I highly suggest saving the link. I CANNOT find it for you.
4. All predictions must be finalized by 2 pm CST on Tuesday, July 18 to be eligible. Once the contest starts, no other predictions will be accepted.
5. We are going back to weighted predictions this year.
6. The grand prize winner wins…bragging rights. Hey, I'm a teacher. I can't afford cool prizes. Unless you love Supernatural and then I have some leftover prizes....or I have a ton of used TV DVD's. Last year, Noor won. Good luck to all!
Bracket Ranking List:
Characters are listed by their bracket ranking, based on nominations and polls. I've included what shows they are from as a handy guide for predicting or voting.
01. Jamie Fraser (Outlander)
02. Lucifer Morningstar (Lucifer)
03. Andy Flynn (Major Crimes/The Closer)
04. Leo Fitz (Agents of SHIELD)
05. Bellamy Blake (The 100)
06. Mia Elster (Human)
07. Lucy Preston (Timeless)
08. April Kepner (Grey’s Anatomy)
09. Cameron Black (Deception)
10. Bill Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
11. Sam Winchester (Supernatural)
12. Sara Lance (Legends of Tomorrow)
13. June/Offred (Handmaid’s Tale)
14. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
15. Oliver Queen (Arrow)
16. Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
17. Barry Allen (The Flash)
18. Shaun Murphy (The Good Doctor)
19. Jessica Jones (Jessica Jones)
20. Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn 99)
21. Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
22. The Doctor (Doctor Who)
23. Elizabeth Jennings (The Americans)
24. Regina Mills (Once Upon a Time)
25. Klaus Mikaelson (The Originals)
26. Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock)
27. James Cole (12 Monkeys)
28. Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
29. Olivia Benson (Law & Order: SVU)
30. Cheryl Blossom (Riverdale)
31. Jack Pearson (This Is Us)
32. Damon Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries)
33. Justin Foley (13 Reasons Why)
34. Raymond Reddington (The Blacklist)
35. Joan Watson (Elementary)
36. Villanelle (Killing Eve)
37. Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon)
38. Eleven (Stranger Things)
39. Lena Luthor (Supergirl)
40. Maeve Millay (Westworld)
41. Dana Scully (The X-Files)
42. Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)
43. Temperance Brennan (Bones)
44. Matt Murdock (Daredevil)
45. Annalise Keating (How to Get Away with Murder)
46. Liv Moore (iZombie)
47. Uhtred of Bebbanburg (The Last Kingdom)
48. John Locke (LOST)
49. Merlin (Merlin)
50. G. Callen (NCIS: LA)
51. Tommy Shelby (Peaky Blinders)
52. Quinn King (UnREAL)
53. Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars)
54. Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
55. Ross Poldark (Poldark)
56. Brooke Davis (One Tree Hill)
57. Magnus Bane (Shadowhunters)
58. Greg House (House)
59. Wynonna Earp (Wynonna Earp)
60. Sydney Bristow (Alias)
61. Elizabeth McCord (Madam Secretary)
62. Olivia Dunham (Fringe)
63. Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
64. Emily Thorne (Revenge)
A downloadable PDF copy is here, if you would like a blank printable bracket to play along. The names do get cut off though. (Hint - download it before you fill it out or it won't keep what you typed. I learned that from experience..ugh!)
The first round will start on Tuesday after predictions are in. Until then, I'm assigning homework. (I told you I'm a teacher.) I need good headshot pictures of ALL of the characters. Otherwise your favorite character is stuck with the first picture I find on Google. The guidelines are below. You can send them to me via Twitter @dahne1 or put them in the comments below. Thanks in advance for your help in this. It's a tremendous time saver for me.
1. Must be clothed and PG please!
2. Clearly shows the character's face
3. Is just the character, NOT a group thing
4. Must be the character and not the actor (no premiere party or tabloid photos)
5. No gifs - jpeg or png only please