I've done my fan due diligence. I've written a heartfelt, mostly polite but very pointed response in the CW feedback section. The title - Screw You CW. So maybe it wasn't so polite. I've Twittered #SaltAndBurnCW until my keyboard protested the pounding of the keys and I annoyed anyone with the bad luck to be following me. (Let me apologize right now for that.) I've written the first half of the Salt and Burn CW theme song. My Facebook page is full of venom and I started a discussion called CW Screws SPN Fans Again on the CW Supernatural FB page. Am I still angry? Of course I am, but I'm also tired of letting my anger at the CW get in the way of my love for Supernatural.
After careful consideration and many years of dealing with the CW, here's my new plan.
thank you discussion. Feel free to drop in and add your comments. (Just don't mention the CW in it, please.) Thanks to the CW I'm now reminded of all the good shows on TNT. I loved Memphis Beat this summer and Rizzoli & Isles had great acting. Who cares if I gave up on Leverage because Nate's drinking drove me nuts? It's still got Hardison, who played Jake in All Hell Breaks Loose, and Parker and Eliot (played by Jensen Ackles' friend, Christian Kane). I will definitely try this show again. Maybe I'll love it again. All of these shows are in repeats until summer, but like NBC once said, it's new to me. Plus, they've got a new show called Fallen Skies coming out about the aftermath of an alien attack, with Noah Wyle as a resistance fighter. It's exec produced by Steven Spielberg. I see a lot of TNT in my future.
favorite CW show. That's a good place to start.
5. Submerge myself back into all things Winchester. The DVD's are on permanent replay, the music is blasting, all the favorite fan things are cycling through. This is a Winchester world and no asinine little netlet can stop them. It's not going to stop me either. Will the CW care about any of my plans? Nope - not even a blip on their radar. Will it make any difference? Nada. But it makes me feel good and it reminds me of why I love Supernatural, and in the end that's all that matters. As long as there's an Impala racing and Winchesters saving, the world is a good place. Salt and burn, baby!
Let's get started!
Today's challenge - Come up with a new world of Winchester dictionary. Think back on your favorite episodes. What words have the Winchesters inspired? What is now part of your own lexicon that never was before? What new words have you created based on these characters? I'll start.
1. Swayzed (v) - to create movement in an astral or ghostly state
Ex. I full-on Swayzed that....
2. Fudge (v) - meaning....um...you know
Ex. You fudgin' pre-empt my show again, I'll fudgin' kill you.
3. B****/Jerk (expression) - manly way to say I love you bro.
Ex. what we've been missing lately
4. Meadowsweet (v) - to falsely lure someone in with kindness before betraying them in the most foul way
Ex. Dawn Ostroff meadowsweeted us by saying that she couldn't imagine Supernatural not being renewed and giving us new promo pictures before pre-empting the midseason premiere.
5. Hell Hound (v) - to tear to pieces in the most agonizing and painful way
Ex. I wanted to hell hound someone when I heard Like a Virgin was moved back to Feb. 4.
6. Djinn juice (n) - a state of utopia that is far too good to be true or anything that brings on such a state
Ex. They drank the djinn juice if they think their relationship is going to last beyond the honeymoon period.
7. Sucks out loud (expression) - emphasizing how bad something really is
Ex. Waiting for another week sucks out loud.
Screencaps by BuddyTV, Catch-All Clip Art,TNT,Supernatural Wiki, and