Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Supernatural - Favorite 20th Episode - Poll

Sorry for the delay guys, but my computer completely died and I can't get a new one until Friday. Therefore I will post polls as I have access to a computer. The winner of the favorite 18th poll was Point of No Return with 37% of the votes (131 votes) and Frontierland came in second with 24% (85 votes). Today we have my favorite episode of all going against an episode many people, not me, loved from season 6. It should be an interesting match.



Dead Man's Blood - The first of the vampire episodes and the return of John. I thought this was an okay episode, but nothing special. I loved Luther and the introduction of the Colt was legendary. I also liked the conversation between John and Sam since they rarely ever talked without yelling or disagreeing. It had some great lines too. "I usually draw the line at necrophilia." "Vampires - gets funnier every time I hear it." "Spent it on ammo."

What is and What Should Never Be - This is hands-down my favorite episode of all time. For a full (read way too long) discourse on why, you can read the review. Let's suffice to say that seeing the brothers happy after John's death, the hideous burden he left Dean, and Sam's going "darkside" turmoil, was long overdue. It was a relief to see them genuinely happy and laughing - even if it wasn't real. The piggybacking off the pilot was awesome and the djinn was one of the coolest monsters around. There is nothing I don't like in this episode. I didn't even mind the emotional monologue over John's grave.

The Rapture - I rarely rewatch this episode. It falls into the black hole of the end of season 4 where I would rather pretend Supernatural didn't go. However, I remember that I liked Claire and I'm sure Misha Collins was as impressive as ever. In general though, I hardly remember this episode.

The Devil You Know - This episode hit on most cylinders for me. It included a lot of back story with the Brady twist. Kind of hate that Sam was still targeted in those carefree college days, but it was a great reveal. Crowley was at his best "Lovers in league against Satan" - BWAH! This episode had great pacing and snark - my favorite combination. Plus the Bobby and Crowley deal. All in all, a great episode.

The Man Who Would Be King - Unlike everyone it seems, I thoroughly disliked this episode. I found it low on action and far too talky, violating the principle of show don't tell. While I understand the need to get Cas' point of view on what's happening, I don't think they needed all the monologues, especially when they stop the action to tell you what happened. I also detest the recapping within the episode. We don't have that short of attention spans.

Screencap by Supernatural Caps

My blog
SPN Asylum
SpoilerTV



Past Winners:

Lazarus Rising (season 4)
Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester (season 4)
Bad Day at Black Rock (season 3)
The End (season 5)
Simon Said (season 2)
Skin (season 1)
The Usual Suspects (season 2)
Changing Channels (season 5)
Croatoan (season 2)
Abandon All Hope (season 5)
Mystery Spot (season 3)
Jus in Bello (season 3)
The Song Remains the Same (season 5)
Born Under a Bad Sign (season 2)
The French Mistake (season 6)
On the Head of a Pin (season 4)
My Heart Will Go On (season 6)
Point of No Return (season 5)
Mommy Dearest (season 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment