Sunday, August 23, 2015
Teen Wolf - 5.09 - Lies of Omission - Recap / Episode Awards
Previously - everyone lied. The end. Well and Parrish snatched corpses, steampunk scientists made monsters, silver bleeding chimeras died, Kira left, and Scott self-doubted. All around, depressing.
Grade: B (but could change based on the fallout)
MVP - character reaction shots
Best Acted but Horribly Painful Scene - Scott and Stiles break up
Best Moment - Theo actually looks scared as the cane scientist approaches him
Best Character Interaction - Theo and Scott / Theo and Sheriff
Best Actor - Theo the crying psychopath, who tells 2 different stories and gets away with both
Best Action - Scott, Liam, and Theo take on the steampunk scientists at the club
Best Return - the Jeep
Best Reaction - Malia to being thrown into the lockers by Chimera #493 / Theo when Sheriff hugs him
Best Entrance - Scott during the steampunk scientist fight
Best New Talent -Screamer's invisibility wall meld
Best Plan - NOT turning Hayden
Worst Plan - Trusting Theo is always the worst plan. Putting the literal Get Out of Jail Free card in your pocket comes in second though. No, actually lying to your friends comes first.
Least Promising Décor - nematon corpse art
Least Likely to Win at Track and Field / Biggest Damsel in Distress - Hayden seems incapable of outwalking the sloth-slow steampunk scientists. She also seems incapable of helping in the fight at all even though these chimeras have been tossing people right and left. Princess, step up or ship out because we have no time for dead weight on a show with kick butt females.
Biggest Shock - ScienceMom knows. What does she know? I'm not sure, but she definitely knows something
Biggest Workout - recapitations, which do more reps than Screamer this episode
Most Sensible - Lydia, who is for truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth
Most Pessimistic - Scott, which is a huge surprise
Most in Need of a Translator - steampunk scientist Bug language
Most in Need of Dying (in 5B) - Theo
Most Empty - the halls of Beacon Hills where 70% of the students are smartly AWOL
Most Improved - The club where there is zero obnoxious music and no half naked slutty dancers. It's much better closed…or even better, burned down.
Most Confusing - Why do the steampunk scientists look like they've Frankensteined a new arm?
Most in Need of a Gibbs' Slap - Stiles, who still doesn't tell Lydia or Scott the truth until confronted
The "Stop Right Now" Award - Again, we don't need replacements for Scott and Stiles. We have Scott and Stiles. In fact, there is no Teen Wolf without Scott and Stiles so stop trying to give Liam and Mason their roles and recreating their scenes from earlier seasons.
1. Lydia: "It's always better when they know." Stiles: "Well then he should know he owes me a Jeep."
2. Malia: "Are you kidding me?"
3. Stiles: "Well hang on. If the nematon's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" Lydia: "Me?" Stiles: "Yes, you. That's what you do. You're the banshee. You find the bodies." Lydia: "Well the banshee's having an off day so how about we talk to Parrish?"
4. Malia: "She needs help." ScienceMom: "Not from you." Malia: "You know what's going on, don't you?" ScienceMom: "I know that I'd like to see you get through senior year with passing grades." Malia: "You know more than that."
5. Parrish: "I'm a very good deputy and I'd like to stay that way. Flipping over Jeeps and attacking colleagues doesn't exactly fit with protect and serve."
6. Scott: "No one really knows what they're looking for. Some think it's a serial killer. Some probably know it's worse."
Screencaps by Tumbler, Really Late Reviews, Pinterest, Princess Haley Eve, Paneladeseries, Teen Wolf Season 5, and We Heart It.