Previously - Tracy spouted a tail as a kanima, paralyzed everyone, and stabbed Lydia, Kira went full kitsune and cut off her tail (awesome), Malia talked her down, but the steampunk scientists killed Tracy anyway.
My Pictoral Review of This Episode:
Parrish and Lydia
The books are exposition. I am Stiles.
Yep! Go with that.
Wait. Huh? Action? Woo hoo!
What the heck?
MVP - Mama McCall
Best Character Interaction - Scott and Mama McCall
Best Plan - Stiles sleeps through most of the episode
Worst Plan - besides clubbing in a crisis, Malia leaving Stiles alone at the library is a pretty sucky choice in Beacon Hills
Biggest Face Palm - Teens in Beacon Hills are being made monsters. People are dying. Lydia's in the hospital. Kira's got her kitsune out of control. Stiles is going insane again. I know. Let's go to a club and watch half naked guys dance. It's not like we have any other priorities. Oh Teen Wolf, why are you bound and determined to make the middle of each episode suck?
Biggest What the Heck? Moment - Exactly how is a sophomore in high school serving drinks at a club. What third world country with no child labor laws is Beacon Hills in? I swear this show does stuff just to see how hard my eye can roll. I'm sending you the bill, Jeff Davis.
Worst Return - clubbing, Druid chanting, any mention of the disappointing berserkers, and TPB
Best Vocabulary - look at Scott using incongruous in a sentence like the pre-vet major he wants to be
Most Squicky - Parrish and Lydia flirting
Most Grotesque - Parrish's corpse sculpture on the nematon
The "Finally Someone has Emergency Training in Beacon Hills" Award - and sadly it's Theo. Figures it's the evil kid who moved away in 4th grade.
Sub-Sub-Plot I Care Least about - Liam Hater's money woes
The "Déjà Vu" Award - Scott tells Kira he loves her on the fly just like their first kiss
Biggest Wardrobe Malfunction - Dear new deputy, I think you forgot. You're supposed to be wearing the red shirt.
Biggest Hypocrite - Um Theo, I'm not sure you are the right one to be talking to Psycho about it being bad to be psychotic. I have a feeling you'd fail the test yourself.
Biggest Liar - Deaton says he can help
Worst Liar - Parrish, who isn't fooling anyone
Best Argument…In Season 3 - Sheriff worrying about crime scene procedure
The "Die. Die Right Now" Award - Theo, who sends Psycho after Stiles
The "Since When?" Award - Since when does Stiles need an invitation to get anywhere in that hospital? He frequently wanders restricted areas like it's his own house.
The "Nothing Surprises Me Anymore" Award - 10 foot tall scorpions, Kira's nifty sword and now handy throwing star belt, disappearing cosplayers….it's all explained by "Dude, it's Beacon Hills"
The "Yeah, I Don't Think So" Award - Nice try, Mama McCall. I don't see how explaining stingers is any less hard than explaining away a severed tail.
The "Please Shut Up" Award - I already have to deal with clubbing in a crisis. I have no desire to listen to your relationship angst, Kira. Everyone stop talking, stop kissing, stop dancing, and kick some monster butt please.
Best Quotes -
2. Deaton: "Tracy's claws, the unmistakable claws of a werewolf but a werewolf who also bears the venom and the scales of a kanima." Kira: "What do you even call that?" Deaton: "Personally I call that terrifying."
3. Kira: "Please tell me that doesn't mean there's a giant scorpion running around Beacon Hills."
4. Brett: "No, I didn't catch anything." Liam: "No one else in here's like us?" Brett: "I don't know, dude. Maybe, it's…it's Beacon Hills. What's the difference?"
5. Parrish: This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault."
6. Sheriff: "This is a crime scene. We call the coroner." Deaton: "I think the coroner might be very confused by this girl's severed reptilian tail." Sheriff: "I don't care." Deaton: "You should unless you're prepared to hold a press conference announcing the presence of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills."
7. Kira: "What are we supposed to do?" Deaton: "The same thing you've always done. Protect your friends. Protect each other."
8. Mama McCall: "Alright she's about to go into surgery so it's gonna be awhile. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"
Screencaps by Screencapped.net, Flickr, Drunken Thieves, Team TSD, Ficlist, Forever Young Adult, and Make a Meme.