Previously - the premiere was awesome! In other news, senior year is starting, Scott worries things will get bad and they do, another new kid wants to be in Scott's pack, Walled Werewolf tries to use his Day-Glo claws to de-power Scott, it doesn't work, and steampunk scientists kill him for failing. Tough gig.
Note - Some scenes are shifted slightly out of order in this recap to combine themes. Oh and there's a significant rant in here, so skip from where it says (begin rant) to where it says (end rant) and you won't miss anything but me kvetching.
Best Reason to Fast Forward - Lydia and Parrish
Best Scene - Scott heals Stiles' hand
Best Action - um, was there any action?
Best Reason to Throw Up - tie - either sympathy vomiting with Tracy or hearing yet another person remark on how special Liam is
Best Shock - a teacher asks Lydia a question and she doesn't know the answer
Best Liam Moment - he steps in front of Stiles and growls when Theo comes too close
Worst Liam Moment - emoangsty while tailing Theo and falling in a hole
Smartest Decision Never Actually Used in High School - giving kids a hard test on the second day to weed out those who are too stupid for your class
Most Moronic Move - Stiles tells Theo about the signatures
The "It's Official" Award - Mason is Danny 2.0
New Motto - Forget "Watch Your Pack." This season is all about "Trust Stiles."
Best Detective - Stiles realizes his dad is no longer wearing his wedding ring
Most Incompetent / Least Stealthy - Stiles and Liam tailing Theo while yelling loud enough a human could hear a mile away much less a werewolf
Best Reaction - Lydia to Scott being in an AP science class
Lamest Explanation - GCM thinks Tracy ate her pillow in her sleep
The "Back Up Big Time" Award - Stiles totally invades Sheriff's space when he's grilling him.
The "Slow It Down, Stilinski" Award - 17 speeding tickets before you're 18. Egads! Stiles, you're a menace to the road.
Saddest Moment - Liam and Mason are chased through school by a wolf and I get nostalgic over Stiles and Scott.
Least Interesting Subplot - Liam and the girl who hates him
Biggest Lying Liar that Lies - tie - Parrish and Liam
Most in Need of a New Job - HistoryDad because teaching Driver's Ed to hallucinating supernaturals is beyond the call of duty. I bet that job at Columbia is looking even better now.
Most Likely to Go Bankrupt - the company that makes Hiring Now signs, given that 5 people run the entire school and we all know Melisa does every single job at the hospital
Biggest Huh? - Why would Theo halfheartedly go after Liam? If he was trying to scare him, it makes no sense. If he was trying to kill him, why back off so quickly?
Biggest Sign of Budget Cuts - instead of watching Theo transform from wolf to human, a tree blocks the way
Best Song-to-Scene - Last Days of Dancing by Maja Francis
1. Stiles: "Dad, this kid is a werewolf." Sheriff: "Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a werecoyote. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."
2. Scott: "Why can't you trust anyone?" Stiles: "Because you trust everyone."
3. Liam: "We just spent 3 hours watching this dude play videogames in his bedroom. He better be out here covering up a mass murder."
4. Malia: "How'd I do?" HistoryDad: "There's room for improvement."
5. Mason: "I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression."
6. Stiles: "Yes, okay, we followed him out here. What do you want me to say? That I'm a stalker. That I'm crazy, totally paranoid. None of this is new information." Scott: "You're not even going to try to at least give him the benefit of the doubt." Stiles: "I give people the benefit. I've given a lot of benefit to a lot of people." Scott: "Like Derek, Kira, Liam." Stiles: "I was right about Peter. You know I bet you still think that there's something about him that can be saved." Scott: "Maybe."
7. Stiles: "I got it, the something different. I know what it is." Sheriff: "Okay?" Stiles: "You're not wearing your wedding ring anymore." Sheriff: "You sure this kid's guilty?" Stiles: "Absolutely." Sheriff: "Then all you have to do is wait. If they're really guilty, eventually they make a mistake. They always make a mistake."
New Motto: Trust Stiles
Screencaps by Screencapped.net, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Tumblr.