Wow! What an amazing round of polls in the previous section. It was a topsy turvy day with special congratulations going out to the Shameless fandom, who pulled off the biggest upset in this contest's history. They got 55th seeded Mickey to round 2 over 10th seeded Barry Allen. Just amazing! Several other upsets occurred this round too, breaking many brackets in the process. I can't wait to see what the rest of the contest holds because things just got very exciting. Here are the characters going to round 2: Jamie Fraser, Hannibal Lecter, Emma Swan, Vanessa Ives, Kieren Walker, Spencer Reid, Mickey Milkovitch, and Veronica Mars. Thanks to all fandoms that put the word out and voted. I appreciate you all. You've already made this a wildly successful contest and have helped pass hiatus with all the great discussion. You all rock! Happy voting!
Prediction Cup Update -
The last polls saw many prediction brackets busted so it's going to be an even wilder ride than last year. Currently we have Emma as the sole person in first place with Idahoow in second, and DarkUFO and Perrin tied for third. Congratulations to all of you!
CC Facts and Stats - this is updated at the end of each round, not typically each day
Today's TV Talk Topic:
TV To-Watch Lists - It seems like most of us have a list of TV shows that we've always wanted to watch but never got around to. For others, it's shows we loved and want to revisit. If your TV watch list is like mine, it's so over packed with great TV to watch that the ship is now sinking in the harbor from too much weight. I seriously think mine could last me a decade without any new episodes airing ever. So the question becomes, what to do with all that great TV potential?
If you had unlimited time, which of the TV shows have you never gotten around to but always wanted to watch would you marathon? Why did you choose this one? What shows top your to-watch list? What criteria gets a show on your to-watch list and what puts something to the top? Do you ever drop something from your to-watch list? Are you currently marathoning anything? Have you marathoned shows you've already seen? Do you have a to-watch list actually written down somewhere or is it in your head?
1. This is a Silly Internet Contest, Not the Fate of the Nations - This contest is meaningless. The results are meaningless. It will NOT change the fate of any TV show anywhere. Don't take it seriously. Have fun. Discuss a lot.
2. Focus on Characters, Not People - Anyone can vote however they want for whatever reason they want and anyone can give their opinion on a character, favorable or not. Talking negatively about a character is NOT the same as attacking their fans. Keep the conversation to the characters. If you don't like what someone says about your character, comment on what you love about them. You might get new people to try your show.
3. The Aliens Haven't Landed. There's No Conspiracy Here - I have no hidden agenda. Everything is placed in brackets based on the number of nominations and polls. If your character goes against a giant, it's not personal. Mine will too. There's also no secret underground of people cheating polls. No one gets paid for that so no one has time for that, especially since this contest means absolute squat. It's just for fun.
4. Leave Sour Grapes on the Vine - Yeah, it sucks when your favorite gets kicked off by a show you hate. Yep, the winning character will come from the most organized fandom that gets the word out the fastest. Them's the facts of life and the internet. It doesn't mean we can't still have fun. Don't dwell on past polls or vetch about life's unfairness and it will be more enjoyable.
5. It's Not 2048 and My Name's Not Dorian - I will do my very best to keep the contest running smoothly and let you know the approximate time each poll ends. However, I am human and occasionally do silly things like get the time zone changes wrong. Again see #3. Let me know and I'll fix it. I apologize in advance for any technical difficulties.
6. Comments are the Wellspring of Hiatus Life - Most of us anxiously await the return of our favorite shows. Why not distract yourself with a little TV Talk? Each day we have a new topic. Come join us because even if you have no one to vote for in the polls, you can still discuss. While this contest is just a silly piece of internet fluff, the conversation here goes deep so jump on in.
Nuts and Bolts:
1. All polls, even the final one, will be about 24 hours long. A new poll goes up every day unless something unforeseen happens so you always know when your favorites compete.
2. Everything is head-to-head competition unless there's a tie and then both go to the next round.
3. One vote per IP per poll.