Sunday, November 2, 2014
Quote of the Week - Week of Oct. 26
A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team this past week. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off below the article.
1. Raven: "Hey, when I wake up, don't be here." Finn: "What are you talking about?" Raven: "You're here for me like always, but our friends are out there and you need to go get them." (Dahne)
2. Ghost Wells: "You sacrificed so much. Your life can be more than just impossible decisions and a tragic end. You can choose to live." Jaha: "I miss you son, every day." Ghost Wells: "I'm always with you, dad. You can do this." (Dahne)
1. Nyssa: "I loved her with all of my soul" (Nirat Anop)
2. Detective Lance: "Sara, sweetie... It's uh, it's me. I just want to hear your voice. I know wherever you are, you're looking after yourself , but that doesn't mean I don't worry. So, don't call me back or anything. I just want you to remember... that I love you." (Nirat Anop)
3. Nyssa: "Merlyn was a member of the League of Assassins. My father released him from his obligation to us with the understanding he would abide by its code of conduct." Roy: "You guys are professional killers. That is a pretty low bar." (Tonya Papanikolas)
4. Detective Lance: "The fastest way to a cop's heart is through his liver." (Tonya Papanikolas)
5. Nyssa: "I see you've been training. And wearing her jacket." Laurel: "If you're gonna stand there and tell me I'm not strong enough or tough enough, please don't." Nyssa: "Back at the cemetery I would have, but since you have reminded me that the strongest metal is forged in the hottest fire." Laurel: "And what's that supposed to mean?" Nyssa: "Don't forget to turn your hips. That's where the power comes from." (Ben Norton)
1. Phil: "Did anybody ever tell you it's rude to turn down a drink?" Nina: "Did anyone ever tell you that you talk like a date rapist?" (Dahne)
2. Trent: "Objection….ah, that's just stupid." Judge: "Overruled. Agree but overruled." (Dahne)
1. Penny: "You locked them in your basement?!" Dr. Lorvis:" Well, they're, they're not locked in. The door just sticks." Penny: "Okay, so how do they unstick it?" Dr. Lorvis: "They'd need the key." (Ben Norton)
2. Sheldon: "Deliverymen are the unsung foot soldiers of our nation's commerce. It's because of people like you people like me can limit our human contact. I'd shake your hand, but well…you know." (Dahne)
3. Lorvis: "Welcome to my Fortress of Solitude. This is where I go to get away from…all my other solitude." (Dahne)
1. Red: "You know, 29 years ago in Sierra Leone, there was a farmer named Samwel Zuma who had the audacity to identify several low-level Mombasa operatives to local authorities. The cartel massacred the entire family... All but the youngest son. He was sold to a local ring of flesh peddlers. The majority of children in those circumstances don't last more than nine months. He survived eight years. He was 14 when I found him. Too old, too tall, too angry and dangerous to be of any further value. He was left to die, chained to a standpipe in the basement of a squalid brothel in Nairobi. Branded, burned, barely alive. So I took him. Made him well, saw to his education. He graduated university with a bachelor's degree in English Literature. He speaks four languages fluently and can get by in a half a dozen more. He is... splendid. His name is Dembe... Dembe Zuma." (Bradley Adams)
2. Red: "We're not buddies. I don't have buddies." (Bradley Adams)
1. Hermann: "It’s my job as an old firefighter to teach the young firefighters how to become old ones." (Ben Norton)
1. Rossi: "Solitary confinement makes grown men crazy, imagine what those conditions would do to a child." (Laura Markus)
2. Rossi: "What he's [Hotch] saying is that psychos say the darndest things." (Laura Markus) ~Rossi sass is the best kind of sass.
1. Doctor: "Can you just hurry up please? Or I'll hit you with my shoe." (Nirat Anop)
2. Doctor: "Go, go, get away from here, run away." Missy: "Sorry everyone, another ranting scotsman in the street, I had no idea there was a match on. Stop shouting now, stop making a fuss it's too late. You know the key strategic weakness of the human race, the dead outnumber the living." Doctor: "Who are you?" Missy: "Oh, you know who I am. I’m Missy." Doctor: "Who’s Missy?" Missy: "Please, try to keep up. Short for Mistress. Well, I couldn't very well keep calling myself the Master, now could I?" (Nirat Anop)
3. Clara: "You're going to help me?" The Doctor: "Well why wouldn't I help you." Clara: "Because of what I just did..I just..." The Doctor "You betrayed me. You betrayed my trust. You betrayed our friendship. You betrayed everything that I ever stood for...YOU LET ME DOWN!" Clara: "Then why are you helping me?" The Doctor: "Why? Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?" (Sandi) ~I love that the Doctor gets why Clara is so upset and will help her when she is at her lowest point. She has always been there for him in the past so it's good to see that he is there for her too.
4. Dr Chang: "Another government inspection? So soon? Why's there all this swearing?" The Doctor "Oh, erm. I've got a lot of internalised anger." (Sandi) ~Gotta love those sneaky Malcolm Tucker references. The kids found this one funny without even knowing the real joke either, Capadli & Leung hit the lines just right!
1. Alfred "I think maybe we should leave town for a bit. Pop down to the lake house, you like it there dontcha." Bruce "I'm not going anywhere. I have work to do. Besides, why would the Goat take me? There's no-one to take me from." (Sandi) ~It was Sean Pertwee who sold the line to me more than young Mazouz who said it. Poor old Alfred!
2. Oswald "Hello!" (giggles impishly) "I am Oswald Cobblepot." (Sandi) ~Ha, the Penguin's reappearance is gonna cause a few problems...
1. Grover: "You know what we call below zero in Chicago? April." (Bradley Adams)
2. Grover: "I'm gonna give you a tip. If you have to explain your Halloween costume to someone, it's probably not a good costume." (Bradley Adams)
1. Annalise Keating "I am sorry senator, if you do not have the time to answer who was the real cost of your development. Not just Trisha Stanley, and her boyfriend David Allen who spent 21 years in prison, but the thousands who were displaced in the name of lining your pockets. The majority of whom are poor, powerless, and didn't bare the skin desirable to your business interest, you tore a community apart, you tore families apart. You destroyed lives senator, admit it; admit you killed Trisha Stanley, and had my client David Allen set up for her murder." (Robert Fruin)
2. Annalise Keating "I need you, don't you get that. After everything you have done to me; lying to me, screwing that girl, I need you." (Robert Fruin)
1. Kensi: "Are you eating at a crime scene?" Deeks: "First off, Mom, I'm wearing gloves." Kensi: "Deeks, people died here." Deeks: "Not from this food." (Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Kensi: "You're tickling my conspiracy bone." Deeks: "Oh, I didn't even know you had a conspiracy bone - but I'm glad I tickled it." (Tonya Papanikolas)
1. The Snow Queen: "Your free as promised." Sidney: "Thank you, now what is it that you wish for me to do first, my Queen." The Snow Queen: "I wish nothing from you" Sidney: "I don't understand but the deal was.." The Snow Queen: "It wasn't you that I wanted, Sidney. It was the mirror itself, you more than anyone else should understand the mirrors importance. Mirrors reflect our mood, our Desires, our essence. They are a temporary receptacle for some tiny fraction of our soul." Sidney: "You have other mirrors" The Snow Queen: "I have many, hundreds but none as important as this one for what I want to, your former home should do quite nicely. The person who trapped you in here, imbued it with much darker magic." Sidney: "My Queen, what are you planning?" The Snow Queen: "What I am planning, Is to get what has been denied from me for too long, what I deserve" Sidney: "What's that?" The Snow Queen: "That's between me and well, my reflection, enjoy your freedom Sidney, a word of advice, get a warm coat, it's going to get a bit cooler around here. So close, soon I will have what I want. A family that loves me." (Nirat Anop)
1. "Possessed" Caroline: "There's no peace for me, not while my killer walks free." Francis: "If you're here to lay blame then at least be honest and shoulder some of your own. You murdered girls who had the misfortune of sleeping with you. You slaughtered hundreds, heroes of Calais, for your own amusement. You were mad, you lusted for power. For England. For Scotland. For my wife!" "Possessed" Caroline: "You can try and justify your shame but you don't admit it." Francis "You couldn't have England and Scotland without her, and you couldn't have her unless I was gone. Admit it. Admit that you wanted me dead!" "Possessed" Caroline: "Is that why you did it? Is that why you killed me?" Francis "YES! Yes. It nearly destroyed me to kill my own father, but you left me no choice." Narcisse: "Ahem" (Sandi) ~Wonderful scene, Toby Regbo and Jane Spidell were just mesmerising throughout the whole argument! In some ways I'm sorry that the fake possession story is over as I've loved Caroline as Henry, it's been a fantastic performance and she's really stirred things up and made things interesting.
1. Walter Dang: "How do you do that with your voice?" Reese: "Do what?" Dang: "Nothing." (Bradley Adams)
2. Dominic: "A man is not a river. And you are not a king." (Bradley Adams)
1. Henry: "Those who fight monsters should see to it that in the process they do not become one. When one gazes long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes back, doesn't it Captain?" (Dahne)
2. Ichabod: "How is it that the man who settled Kentucky is remembered by the modern world as the guy with a raccoon on his head?" Abbie: "Probably because he wore a raccoon on his head." (Dahne)
1. Bobby: "This is about war and maybe tomorrow, next month, maybe ten years from now someone wearing a Reaper will cut your heart out" (Robert Fruin)
2. Gemma “Next time I’ll make sure you’re the one he slams with a lunchbox.” (Robert Fruin)
1. Gareth: "I think pretty people taste better, too." (Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Bob (to Rick): "Nightmares end. They shouldn't end who you are." (Tonya Papanikolas)
1. Vampire Diaries: Damon: "I mean this stuff's good but it's not 'I see dead people' good. (CP)
Agents of SHIELD -
1. Hunter: "She can handle it. Deception's her forte. I mean that sincerely, not passive aggressively. As in it's a good attribute for a spy to…oh bloody hell."
2. May: "You know I don't like you, right?"
3. Coulson: "Also, your men won't be checking on you. At least not for the next hour. You've requested some 'me time' and who can argue with that?"
4. Coulson: "The only reason you're alive is because you were of use, and the only reason you're being transferred is because your brother is of more use."
5. Simmons: "If I ever see you again, I'll kill you."
Benched - Nina: "This is like a…a slow motion hate crime."
Criminal Minds -
1. Rossi: "While I'm sorry for the inconvenience, sir, but I'm sure the parents of the missing child don't really care. Frankly, neither do I." (Laura Markus)
2. Rossi: "Even if they did [see something], it's halloween. He could be in costume. We could be looking for Spongebob for all we know."
3. Rossi: "Have you ever seen the inside of a prison cell, John? It's a box. Probably not too different from the kind your dad put you in."
1. Trent: "I cannot let my future ex-wife beat me at Halloween. She already took Columbus Day and my house." Cristela: "Which is very Columbus of her."
2. Cristela: "Hey lawyer nerds, listen up. You remember how Hall and Oates used to make us feel." Maddie: "Not really, I was born in the 90's."
3. Trent: "Now there may be shinier fillies out there, but my money is on the nag who doesn't know she's really a show pony."
The Flash -
1. Felicity: "Well let's just say that my team has a similar setup but with more pointy objects."
2. Felicity: "I've seen firsthand what this life can do to people. It's a lonely path. Don't make it any lonelier than it has to be."
3. Felicity: "When it comes to hacking, I'm the fastest woman alive."
4. Cisco: "I couldn't shoot him if I wanted to. This is actually the Star Labs vacuum cleaner with a lot of LED's."
1. Henry: "In my experience, just because you're a saint doesn't mean that you don't know any sinners."
2. Jo: "Did you ever think of becoming a real doctor?" Henry: "Actually I am a real doctor and will try not to be offended on the behalf of the brotherhood of medical examiners the world over."
1. Carver: "You're a terrible liar." Joe: "And you're a terrible boss."
2. Joe: "I didn't know he was religious." Ellie: "I didn't know we were either." Joe: "Good point."
1. Renard: "I was dead." Elizabeth: "For a moment." Renard: "I suppose that's the second time you've given me life." Elizabeth: "It hurt a lot more the first time."
2. Renard: "Detectives Burkhardt and Griffin, this is Elizabeth LaSalle…my mother." Hank: "Oh." Nick: "Hi." Renard: "She's had a little work done."
Jane the Virgin -
1. Jane: "I guess it's a pregnancy craving or something. I would offer you some but I'm really enjoying it, and if I give you a bite I may resent you in a very serious way."
2. Michael: "My crime scene trumps your hotel."
The McCarthys -
1. Ronny: "Good for you, Jackie. Own it…unless you can return it. Then definitely stop owning it."
2. Arthur: "Alright, then everybody raise your glass. Not you, Madonna. To our first grandchild. May it be healthy and able to go to its left."
NCIS - Bishop: "Don't you think you're being a little picky?" Tony: "There's a lot of fish in the sea." McGee: "Not at the rate you've been fishing." (Tonya Papanikolas)
1. Fred: "I never got running. Awful lot of effort just to get back where you started."
2. Maggie: "You know there's no way in hell I'm watching a romantic comedy." Fred: "That's my girl."
1. Walter: "Well if you dismissed every government worker who was unstable, Washington would cease to exist."
2. Walter: "We're operating as private citizens so the more we defy you, the more legal this is." Toby: "That's good to know. We've got to remember that for next time."
Sleepy Hollow -
1. Hawley: "That was before I knew WendiJoe was your friend. Most of my cures are ways to kill it. This is going to require more creative brainstorming."
2. Jenny: "So the med school needs to up their game on the security front. Pulled from the freshest cadaver I could find so the pickings were slim. That being said we should probably donate blood or something this year."
3. Irving: "Even God thought the devil was beautiful…before he fell."
1. Sam: "Yeah you're right. We should call some guys. Have them fix it." Dean: "Good. Smart." Sam: "Done." Dean: "Or we could be in and out. It's a milk run." Sam: "Right, because that happens never."
2. Sam: "We've got a problem." Dean: "What? Besides Werewolf Barbie over here?"
3. Dean: "Well that is great, Kate. It really is and it's nice to see that, uh, this hippy dippy New Age cr** has had such a positive influence over your sister."
4. Dean: "Not to mention, I never even said thank you. So…" Sam: "You don't ever have to say that. Not to me."
5. Dean: "Let's say you're right." Sam: "About what?" Dean: "Everything. Maybe I'm not ready to hunt, but I am just trying to do the right thing, man, because I'm so sick and tired of doing the wrong one."