Another Teen Wolf article as promised. This was supposed to be the last of the episode award articles, but it was far too long. So today we have the rest of the episode specific awards and tomorrow, the overall ones for the last 6 episodes of 3A. We've almost made it to finish line folks. 3B is in sight and I know it is going to be quite the ride. Don't forget to add your own thoughts in the comments below. Happy New Teen Wolf Week!
Note: This article covers the last 6 episodes of Teen Wolf 3A. It is part 2 of a now 3-part series of articles.
3.07 - Currents: Grade: C+
Best reason to watch - werewolf fight
Best Action - Kali vs. Derek
MVP - maps
Best reason to fast forward - the closet and Duke/Kali monologues
Best save - Melissa medical MacGyvers Danny
Biggest ick - tie - Danny vomits / Scott becomes an alpha via the superiority of his soul's moral fiber
Least Helpful - Deaton doesn't give Scott any helpful Darach info even though he's about to be taken
Biggest Lesson - every genre show hero needs a backup generator
Characters who need more screen time - all 3 of the parents - they rocked this episode
Biggest "what the heck" - spy music playing when Stiles enters Danny's hospital room
Most Likely to Get Fired - any principal running a high school with this little security
Best Cameo - Erica
Worst Cameo - Gerard
1. Lydia: "Sweetheart, my last boyfriend was a homicidal lizard so I think I can handle a werewolf."
2. Stiles: "I can't…I can't lose both of my parents alright? Not both of them." Scott: "You're right." Stiles: "No I'm not. I'm not right. I'll tell him." Scott: "I'll help you."
3. Melissa: "Yeah well I'm not going to be anyone's human sacrifice today so both of you get your butts to school."
4. Isaac: "Boyd and I are…uh, incredibly and unbelievably sick." Derek: "With what? Brain damage."
5. Danny: "Why would I dream about you going through my stuff?" Stiles: "I don't know that Danny, okay; it's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Shut up and go back to sleep."
3.08 - Visionary: Grade: D (Best I can say is that it fulfilled its purpose)
Biggest reason to fast forward - anything that wasn't action, Allison, or Talia (the episode feels 3 days long)
Best action - shot through the throat with an arrow
Sickest moment - firework arrows to the eyes
Best reason to watch - tie - Talia / the druid-werewolf exposition
Biggest shock - tie - Deucalion as peacemaker / music choices in the episode / Intense Scott at end
Worst Move - taking away Gerard's pain / Marco tries to kill Duke
Most ludicrous - arrow catching…on any show ever
Best Manipulation - Allison totally plays Grandpa Evil - woo hoo!
Best moment - Scott threatens Grandpa Evil
1. Deaton: "It's true. The Argents have a matriarchal leadership." Talia: "Actually I was speaking about the fact that he's a complete psychopath. I mean the man cuts people in half with a broad sword."
2. Stiles: "She's an emissary too." Peter: "For the alpha pack." Stiles: "Our guidance counselor! Why the hell don't you people tell me any of this stuff, huh? I shared some really intimate details with her."
3. Derek: "My eyes, they're different." Talia: "Different but still beautiful. Just like the rest of you."
4. Gerard: "Don't be so sure. You'd be surprised how far some people would go to get rid of someone like Deucalion." Allison: "Or someone like you."
5. Stiles: "What was he like?" Peter: "A lot like Scott actually. A lot like most teenagers - unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."
3.09 - The Girl who Knew Too Much: Grade - A
Best Awww scene - Derek tells Cora he won't leave her alone
Best reason to fast forward - Cora
Coolest moment - tie - Argent reloads his pistols by clicking them together / Blake avoids Scott's claws
Best duo - Melissa and Sheriff
Most annoying duo - Allison and Argent
MVP - Lydia
The "Screw You Buddy" Award - Stiles tells Lydia she finds the dead bodies but she nixes that immediately
Low Blow Award - Stiles pulling the mom card
Biggest Clue Your High School Music Department Sucks - not one kid can play piano? Really?
The "Are You Kidding Me?" Award - Blake takes time out of killing Lydia for word etymology
Best Threat - Stiles to Ethan
The "Yeah, I Still Don't Get It Either" Award - Sheriff: "Why was Jackson the kanima?"
1. Blake (and every teacher on the planet): "Some days I just want to take a sledgehammer to that bell."
2. Lydia: "I don't know why I'm the one that keeps finding the bodies. Maybe if I just stop trying to fight it, I'd find them before it happens…maybe with enough time for someone like you to do something about it." Scott: "You get me the time and I'll do something about it, I swear to God. I will."
3. Isaac: "Hey just a thought. Maybe right now isn't the best for a little family meeting. There's still one more teacher."
4. Lydia: "Okay fine, I'm psychic." Blake: "You're psychic?" Lydia: "I'm something!"
5. Stiles: "Okay first of all I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like, 'What if the Darach was an emissary to the Alphas?' actually makes sense to me."
3.10 - The Overlooked: Grade - B-
Best action - tie - Derek and Scott take on SuperWolf / Scott and Peter take on SuperWolf
MVP - Peter on snark alone / Mama McCall for bravery
Best twist - Lunar eclipses make werewolves lose all their power
Best strategy/plan - Scott throws mistletoe at Blake
Biggest Moron - Stiles hits SuperWolf with a bat
Best Reason to Fast Forward - tie - endless walking / Blake talks mistletoe / Scott as true alpha AGAIN
Best facial expressions - tie - Blake in the elevator / 'roided up Peter
Biggest Conundrum - Darach is relatively powerless although she wasn't powerless last episode
The "Are You Kidding Me?" Award - No one, not even once, called Deaton about anything
Lesson from screencaps - green emergency lighting flatters no one
Least Appropriate Comment - Isaac talking about Blake being hot
1. Stiles: "Now I'm thinking maybe you were right. Um maybe, maybe we are pretty much useless. Maybe all we really do is show up and find the bodies. I don't want to find my father's body."
2. Peter: "I personally I think if we keep letting them beat the living cr** out of us, they'll tire and give up."
3. Melissa: "You're him aren't you?" Duke: "Him?" Melissa: "The bad guy." Duke: "You have no idea."
4. Stiles: "Scott. Scott, don't do this. Don't go with him." Scott: "I don't know what else to do." Stiles: "No just…Scott, there's got to be something else, okay? We always…we always have a plan B." Scott: "Not this time."
5. Melissa: "You're supposed to be dead." Peter: "I get that a lot actually."
3.11 - Alpha Pact: Grade - B+
Best reason to fast forward - Peter's wolf healing monologue / slo mo getting into the tub
The "She Really Does Exist" Award - Lydia's mom
Setting They Got Their Money's Worth From - bank vault
Line that needs to be used more often - Derek: "If you're trying to tell me I can save her, just tell me."
Best Snark - Stiles with DoucheFed
Most Annoying - Isaac, by far
Most Manipulative - Peter
Best Rallying Speech - Argent to Stiles
Biggest surprise - Scott's dad
Worst Trade - Derek's alpha status for Cora's life
Most Ludicrous - none of the 3 teens' bodies instinctually fight being drowned
Best Mystery Solved, Well Kind of - Morell sent Mystery Motorcycle Chick to save Isaac in the premiere
1. Isaac: "Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and they burned you alive?"
2. Sassy: "Okay, you can have my session. You've got bigger issues."
3. Lydia: "That's not it. It's just someone tried to strangle me, and I survived. I don't need to hide that." Mom: "No, no you don't."
4. DoucheFed: "You think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm." Stiles: "If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."
5. Sheriff: "What is that…uh, part of being a werewolf hunter?" Melissa: "I tried to download him on as much as I could." Sheriff: "Yeah, I was starting to feel a little bit left out."
3.12 - Lunar Ellipse: Grade: B
Best action sequence - Blake vs. Kali fight
Best moment - tie - Stiles pops out to ask Ethan what he wants with Lydia / Alison reunites with her dad
MVP - tie - ultrasonic emitter stake and baseball bat
Best Character Arc - Allison for quick thinking and getting her dad back in the hunt
The "Say What?" Award - Scott, Stiles, and Allison were underwater for 16 hours.
Worst use of continuity - the never-ending symbolism of Scott's tattoo
Best special effect - Blake raising the glass to kill Kali
Biggest fashion faux pas - Lydia's sudden urge to dress like the Amish
Smartest plan - tie - Allison tear gases the FBI / Derek gets Blake to use up all her energy
Best Use of Continuity - the nematon plays a part in the pilot episode for all 3 of them
Most interesting retcon - Allison and Mama Argent find Scott's inhaler from the pilot
Best entrance - Blake through Derek's ceiling
1. Isaac: "So we're going to trust him? The guy that calls himself Death, Destroyer of Worlds. We're going to trust that guy?"
2. Melissa: "Is she actually going to come down here and slash all of our throats?" Sheriff: "Nah, she'll come down, strangle us with a garrote, and then slash our throats."
3. Derek: "You want me to run." Peter: "No, I…I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish. Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."
4. Kali: "Who do you think you're talking to?" Lydia: "Someone in desperate of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral."
5. Sheriff: "I always said aluminum was better than wood."
Screencaps most likely by Screencapped.net