2017 Character Cup Rules:
1. This is a Silly Internet Contest, Not the Fate of the Nations - This contest is meaningless. The results are meaningless. No one in TV cares who wins. It will NOT change the fate of any show anywhere. Don't take it seriously. Have fun. Discuss a lot.
2. Focus on Characters, Not People - Anyone can vote however they want for whatever reason they want and can give their opinion on a character, favorable or not. Talking negatively about a character is NOT the same as attacking fans or the actor. If you don't like what someone says about your character, tell what you love about them.
3. Cheaters Suck - There is nothing more frustrating then having a bunch of cheaters ruin the fun for everyone. Please remember that it is one vote per person per poll. Trying to circumvent that is cheating, plain and simple. It slows down the contest and makes people grumpy.
4. Leave Sour Grapes on the Vine - Yeah, it sucks when your favorite is kicked off by a character you hate. Yep, the winning character always comes from the quickest, most organized fandom. It doesn't mean we can't still have fun. Don't vetch about past polls or life's unfairness and it will be more enjoyable for everyone.
5. Surprise, No Westworld Plot Twists Here - I will do my very best to keep the contest running smoothly, but I'm only human. I apologize in advance for any technical difficulties, spelling errors, and general absentmindedness. Let me know and I'll fix it.
6. Comments are the Wellspring of Hiatus Life - As you anxiously await the return of your shows, why not distract yourself with a little TV Talk? Each day is a new topic so even if your favorites are out, you can still discuss. While this contest is just a silly piece of internet fluff, the conversation here dives deep so jump on in.
Nuts and Bolts:
1. All polls, even the final one, will be about 24 hours long. A new poll should go up every day with a short break between rounds after Round 3 to filter out any cheating.
2. Everything is head-to-head competition unless there's a tie and then both go to the next round.
3. One vote per person per poll. Please do not try to cheat the polls. Please do not encourage other people to try to cheat the polls. It's annoying, stupid, pointless, and wastes everyone's time. It makes you look bad. It makes your fandom look bad. It makes your character look bad. It makes your show look bad. Just don't.