Over 500 nominations are in and it's shaping up to be a great Character Cup. However, with so many nominations, we're bound to need a couple of tie breakers. The first one up is for Grey's Anatomy fans. Both Arizona and Meredith got the same number of nominations, so it is time for you to choose your champion. Whichever one wins is guaranteed to enter the competition. The second poll is a little different. All the characters in the second poll just narrowly missed the cut to be guaranteed a spot in the Cup. Therefore, only the top voted characters will go on to the competition. (Also, any characters played by the same actor will go against each other at the earliest possible time in the contest. Next year, I will close that loophole in the nominating process.)
Remember that you can only vote once per poll and polls will close around midnight CST on Wednesday. Sadly, you must use a social media profile to vote and no results will be shown while voting is open. This is to reduce the desire for fandoms to vote multiple times and thus break the rules. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
After voting ends, I will post a complete bracket for the contest. You will then have a couple of days to compete in our Prediction Cup. It's a fun way to stay engaged in the contest even if your favorites are out, so tune in tomorrow for it. I anticipate that the actual Cup will begin on Sunday. Until then, talk up your favorites and tell us why you love them.
IMPORTANT INFO (for those that skipped the above paragraphs):
1. If you don't see your favorite characters, that does NOT necessarily mean that they didn't make it in. The top nominated characters are already set and don't need a poll.
2. You can only vote for 1 character per poll and no voting results will be shown until after voting ends. Yeah, I know that's mean. I'm having a hard time choosing only 1 too.
3. Polls will close around midnight CST on Wednesday.
4. In order to irritate any cheaterpants, you must log in with social media or create an account with Opinion Stage in order to vote at any point in this contest. (I know. It's ridiculous that people cheat polls that have ZERO impact on anything at all.) I get that it is inconvenient, but we're trying to create the most poll integrity possible. Rules are still that you can only vote once per poll. Please be respectful of that and ensure a happy contest for all. If you have trouble signing in, please hit the comments below.
5. Speaking of comments, this is a great place to talk up your favorites. Happy voting!