Verdict: Roswell holds up surprisingly well for a show that is over 1.5 decades old and deals with science fiction. That's not usually a forgiving genre. It helps that the pilot had very few special effects and it dealt mostly with universal themes. You don't have to be an alien to feel alienated from others and a desire to fit in and find others like you is universal.
You Can Find It - on Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime, and Hulu subscription
Best Scene - Max rescues Liz
Best Reason to Flash Forward - the sappy ending with Max and Liz
Best Opening - Liz saying that she died 5 days earlier (even if not technically true)
Best Reason to Freak Out - either silver stomach handprint or that a kid in school is an alien
Best Moment - Liz physically turns Maria's jaw so she's looking back at the road while she drives
Best Silent Conversation - Maria and Liz when Liz is showing the fake alien picture to the tourists
Best Cameo - Jonathan Frakes
Best Backstory - Max and Isabel found by the Evans
Best Nostalgia - the music, especially Crash into Me by Dave Matthews Band / the Jetta
Worst Nostalgia - Beavis and Butthead
Worst Liar - Liz, who doesn't even try to make up an excuse to explain the silver handprint to Kyle
Worst Plan - trying to trick Sheriff / making this more about romance than the sci-fi plot in places
Worst Girlfriend - Liz, who pretty much uses Kyle shamelessly. While he's going to deserve it later in the season, I felt bad for him in the pilot.
Biggest Huh? - How come Max didn't leave glowing handprints on the sides of Liz's head when he mind melds with her again?
Most Embarrassing - the diner outfits
Most Awkward - Liz asks her boyfriend if he feels things when he's with her
Most Missed - Liz's conversation with Maria about aliens among us, although from the aftermath it's clear it did not go well
Smartest Move - Max doesn't panic when the sheriff pulls them over
The "Say What?" Award - If I had a huge glowing handprint on my torso and I didn't want anyone to see it, the last thing I would be wearing is a crop top. Come on, Liz.
The "Welcome Back" Award - Shiri Appleby, now on UnREAL / Jason Behr from Dawson's Creek / Katherine Heigl last seen on State of Affairs / Majandra Delfino from Friends with Better Lives / Brendan Fehr from The Night Shift / Colin Hanks currently on Life in Pieces / Nick Wechsler from Revenge / William Sadler from SHIELD and Hawaii Five-0 / Kevin Weisman from Scorpion and The Blacklist / Richard Schiff from The West Wing / Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek: Next Generation
2. Max: "Aren't you gonna read me my rights?" Sheriff: "Do you have any?"
3. Voiceover: "I'm Liz Parker and 5 days ago I died. After that, things got really weird."
4. Maria: "Okay, I know my mom's car doesn't look like much, but not destroying it is the key to my and my mother's relationship, okay?"
5. Stevens: "I have a flying saucer sighting in Phoenix and an accountant in Barstow who thinks he's Jesus. Both cases are more solid than this one."
6. Marie: "Where does this leave me? I can't be a wacky friend to someone who's already wacky. It would be like redundant.."
7. Isabel: "Where's your stuff?" Michael: "I'm wearing it."
8. Max: "You use your powers all the time." Izzy: "Recreationally."
9. Izzy: "I can't believe this Max. You know I finally feel like I have a quasi-normal existence and you blow it all with one random act of lunacy. How did you let my misguided brother do this?" Michael: "'Hey don't turn this around on me. I'm not the one who thinks he's a superhero."
10. Liz: "So help me out here, Max. What are you?" Max: "Well, I'm not from around here?"
Screencaps by The Crashdown, Pinterest, FanForum, Antar82, Pop Goes the Reader, Tumblr, DDD Net, and Fanpop.