Monday, June 6, 2016
Quote of the Week - Week of March 29
A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off in the comments below.
1. Cole: “Remember when you said we didn’t know each other anymore? You were wrong about that. The truth is, I don’t think anybody’s ever known me like you. And I know you. I know you. And I know…you would never let me die.” (BlueStar)
2. Deacon: “So, uh, fella, we’ve had a little bit of a time travel snafu here, and brace yourself – you’re in the future…2044 to be exact. So if you want to drop your weapon, we can catch up on the last…” Dr. Eckland: “Eighty-five?” Deacon: “Eighty-five years.” (BlueStar)
3. Deacon: “Don’t worry, I’ll tell your hippie friends you fought them off with flowers and rainbows.” (BlueStar)
1. Adelaide: "You brought us here to spy on your mother?" Houdini: "Yeah. What do you think's going on there?" Doyle: "My instincts tell me she's having lunch." Houdini: "With a man." Doyle: "Clearly my detective skills are no match for yours."
2. Houdini: "Yeah, not being in the same country is a pretty solid alibi."
3. Merring: "We let him down." Houdini: "We let the insane kidnapper down?" Merring: "His child's killer is still out there. How could he not go mad?"
4. Houdini: "How could she be married? She had dinner with me. That's got to mean something." Doyle: "It means she was hungry."
5. Adelaide: "I make it a rule to never discuss my personal life with anyone hiding from their mother."
1. McCarthy: "What do Nancy Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, and Brittany Spears all have in common?" Jackson: "I don't know." McCarthy: "You people turn their music into a misery, use it to torture prisoners. At least Iron Maiden made sense."
2. Briggs: "You still think she loves you. Oh whatever's in that medication, that's some strong hooch." Flynn: "You don't know sh** about me." Briggs: "You don't know sh** about you."
3. Ted: "I'm your father, Alison, and nothing, not even Musa, could ever change that."
4. Flynn: "Looks like Martinez didn't retire after all." Briggs: "No, he took up fishing or he's opening a Red Lobster."
5. Abby: "The reprogramming was unsuccessful." Liana: "Hers or yours?"
1. Vega: "You're looking at an attempted murder charge." Danielle: "If I'd wanted him dead, I would have aimed higher."
2. Angie: "Can I get you to talk to him? You know, in a sympathetic way? Try to get him to confess? Please." Mark: "It's not my favorite part of the job." Angie: "I know but you're so good at it." Mark: "You know that's not a compliment, right?" Angie: "It's supposed to be."
3. Saunders: "Must have grown close." Vega: "I would say we're very close, yes." Saunders: "Well you saved her life." Vega: "I shot a man in the line of duty to protect her. She's done the same for me. We would do the same for you."
4. Stacy: "I am supporting you. I'm telling you that your boss is a creep and you don't have to put up with it."
5. Saunders: "Have you ever had reason to suspect a personal agenda drives her work?" Vega: "I don't think she's the one with the agenda here."
1. Scott: "Have you thought about how insane you are? Jumping in a chopper to a mad scientist's private island?" Cosima: "Dude, we are mad scientists. Don't be a hater." (DarthLocke)
2. Adele (about Alison): "You look just like her, except with less anger and more hygiene." (DarthLocke)
3. Susan: "You should take up a hobby, too. Ira, have you shown her your toy soldiers?" Rachel: "Yes, perhaps I should take up carpentry. I can build us all coffins. Should I start with the smallest first?" (DarthLocke)
1. Megan: "Let me get you outta here, at least for an hour. Maybe you'll luck out and the place will burn down while we're gone."
2. Reverend: "Whatever your motives, there would have been something missing without the (Police) Chief's chili." Fire Chief: "Yeah, heartburn."
3. Kyle: "Megan brought me over against my will. Honest. Look Mark, I'm the only person who wants me here less than you do. Believe me. You know how she is."
4. Reverend: "Alright then. Call, raise, whichever. Just quit wasting time and give me your damn money."
1. Claire: "Let's get one thing clear, Dougal Mackenzie. If I ever thought of you, then I might hold a grudge for all the things you've done to me. But, I don't. Why? Because of your affliction, your inability to be selfless, because you suffer from narcissism. If you don't know what that is, then let me tell you. The term comes from Greek mythology. Narcissus fell in love with his own reflection in a pool of water and died rather than pull himself away to eat." Dougal: I do love my reflection, but make no mistake, lass, I love Scotland more, and I would give everything...everything I have or ever will have, including my life, to see a Stuart back on the throne." (DarthLocke)
2. Private Lucas: "Ma'am, can I ask you a question? What kind of food is this trying to be?" Claire: "Well, that, Private Lucas, is trying to be black pudding, though you would probably call it sausage." Private Lucas: "Then what do you call what we call pudding?" Claire: "Pudding. The British and Americans... Two people separated by a common language." Private Lucas: "George Bernard Shaw." Claire: "That's right." Private Lucas: "My mama's Irish. She said he's one of the great Irish writers of all time. Pop says he's a Communist." (DarthLocke)
3. Claire: "If I go back, it'll be just like lying in that ditch again, helpless and powerless to move like a dragonfly in amber." (DarthLocke)
1. Bobo: "Girls, what'll you have?" Wynonna: "A tall glass of 'you're officially next on my hellbound and down' list." Bobo: "You want some ice with that?"
2. Dolls: "Earp, I think we just lured the skinwalker back to a whole bunch of free range dinners."
3. Wynonna: "I don't follow very well. I'd say I'm more of a fighter."
4. Bobo: "Bloodbaths are bad for business."