***Nominations are now closed. Since there were so many shows nominated (woo hoo), this will now be a series of articles starting tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who nominated!
For the past 2 years, I've run a special article over the midseason hiatus called Pitch Your Low Rated Show. The idea was for fans to encourage other TV fanatics to try new shows that were struggling with ratings while their favorite shows were taking a break. It proved pretty popular but I kept getting 2 requests. Many people wanted to nominate shows that have already been cancelled and some asked for it to be in summer instead since they have more time to try new shows then. Viola! The summer edition of Pitch Your Show was born. This time the show can have ended and ratings don't matter so brush off the cobwebs of your favorite TV series and help a fan out. Do you know a show that's just perfect for marathoning? Have you come across one that needs a cult following? How about a recurring show that will be airing in fall that people should get caught up on now so they can join the current season?
The whole idea behind Pitch Your Show is for people to find new shows to check out while waiting for the fall season to start. All you have to do is nominate your show with the following form and tell us why we should be watching it. The most persuasive pitches will go into the article that will be posted in a couple of weeks. (I make sure that all nominated shows are represented but if a show gets too many responses, then I put the best arguments for why to watch it in the actual article.) A link will be provided in the article so all nominations and comments can be read.
1. You must put your name, the show, and why people should watch the show. You do NOT have to know where it is airing but it helps get more people to watch it if they know where to look. (Hint - sometimes it is easier to type your reason in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the form, especially if it is a long response.)
2. Only scripted shows (network or cable, still airing or not). No reality TV.
3. You can submit as many shows as you wish but this is not a popularity contest so there's no need to nominate a show multiple times with the same comment. I will take the most thoughtful comments for each show nominated.
4. The purpose is to persuade others to watch your show. Saying "IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!" over and over again won't help. In fact, triple exclamations and having all letters capitalized will probably work against you. Same goes for hashtags. Instead focus on why someone who doesn't watch the show should take their precious time to try it. Enthusiasm is only good when backed by details and thoughtful discourse. If you can provide multiple reasons to watch, like good characters and great action, that is even better.
5. Nominations will remain open until June 12.
Any questions? Please leave them in the comments section below and don't forget to tell us what shows you nominated!