Sunday, April 28, 2013

Supernatural - 8.20 - Pac Man Fever - Quotes



Supernatural is back from hiatus so that means we are back to highlighting the best quotes. This episode had a lot of quotables and to my surprise, many of my favorite lines came from the more emotional side. Generally I am all about the snarky lines and there were plenty of those too. I ended up liking this episode more than almost every episode so far this season because it had heart, laughs, and most importantly the Winchesters finally got a win. Woo hoo! Don't forget to hit the comments to share your favorites. We also have the next nomination forms up for season 5. We will finish season 5 next week and all nominations for season 5 will close in 2 weeks. Below is an overall nomination form for all of season 5 if you missed an episode. The contest will start as soon as we have nominations in for all episodes and I can organize the thousands of nominations we have received. Between the hiatus and when the contest starts, we will be doing writer polls and probably some character quote articles. Also don't forget to do your Supernatural rankings as we should start those articles sometime after the quotes contest ends.

Season 5 nominations

Words to Live By:

Charlie: "If it's any consolation, having read your history, there is pretty much nothing the Winchesters can't
do if they work together."

-If only the writers and Jeremy Carver took their own advice. How awesome would these trials be if both brothers were able to participate in them? How much grief could have been spared if they had just said Sam looked for Dean but was stymied at every turn? How much more fun would the season be if the Winchesters got to be the heroes of their own story instead of being pretty wallpaper while the 3rd extra from the left got the win? Oh what season 8 could have been. What a letdown it has been!


Funny/Snarky quotes:


 12. Charlie: "I'm a wee bit obsessive…if a wee bit means completely."
11. Charlie: "I will pick us up some grub and unlike you Sam, I will not forget the pie."
10. Charlie: "So about that childhood trauma you experienced earlier…"
9. Charlie: "I hate that thing but I want one."
8. Dean: "You want to tell me what happened back their Boo Radley?" Charlie: "I'm sorry. I froze. I couldn't Control-Alt-Delete my way out. Real life role playing is hard."
7. Charlie: "Is he leaving? He's leaving." Sam: "That's alright. I stole your car. I think I know where he's going. Come on." Charlie: "Cool. Wait….you stole my car?"
6. Dean: "Come on man. Don't quote me to me."
5. Dean: "Okay, alright I'm going to need to go to sleep fast so uh, punch me. Look man I know you don't want to okay…" (Sam punches Dean but not out.) Sam: "Ohw, ow." Dean: "Well you're a little off your game there cause that was…that was pretty…" (Sam punches Dean again, this time out.)
4. Charlie: "That's my boys. I love you." Dean: "I know."
3. Charlie: "So the boys say they saw something on his arm before it covered them in years of future therapy. Said it looked like a blue handprint."
2. Dean: "That's why we don't have nice things Sam."
1. Dean: "Man I'm telling you, give me 5 minutes with some clippers and…" Sam: "Ah shut up."


Story-moving quotes:

10. Charlie: "This isn't my happy place. This is a recurring nightmare of mine."
9. Dean: "She seem a little off to you?" Sam: "Since the second she got here."
8. Charlie: "Maybe you should go first this time?" Dean: "Uh huh, back on the horse kiddo."
7. Dean: "One way to find out." Sam: "What are you doing?" Dean: "When I called you from her phone, I turned on her GPS."
6. Dean: "This poison, it's designed to put your mind into an endless cycle while your insides turn to mush okay….and its fuel is fear. Now call me crazy but I think the only way to break this cycle is to let go of the fear and stop playing the game." Charlie: "You don't know that."
5. Sam: "It's from Charlie. 'In the neighborhood. Found you guys a case.' Found us a case?" Dean: "In the neighborhood? How the hell she know where we are?"
4. Charlie: 'You know you're going to be okay right? Those books portray you as like…one tough customer. If anyone can get through the trials Sam, it's you." Sam: "Thanks. You know you really should come back and dig through our archives. You are definitely a woman of letters." Charlie: "I like the sound of that."
3. Dean: "Djinn usually send you to your uh….your happy place. Now no judgment but you've got a really strange sense of happy kiddo."
2. Sam: "Huh this place must be in some kind of like Bermuda Triangle." Dean: "Wait. Are you saying we can make and receive phone calls from here and nobody can track us? Man I love this place."
1. Sam: "Okay look you were right. I…I should have laid low. I…I know I should have hung back. I'm glad I was able…." (Dean hugs Sam.) Dean: "What do you say we find our prophet?"


Emotional quotes:

6. Dean: "Sam?" Charlie: "Is this my nightmare or yours?"
5. Charlie: "Must be nice having a brother, having someone to always watch your back."
4. Dean: "You've got one hell of a daughter Mrs. Middleton. I promise you I will find her."
3. Charlie: "Going to go back to the hospital. Gotta let go right. What about you? You going to let it go?" Dean: "Never." Charlie: "That's my boys."
2. Dean: "I know that your fear is creating all of this but you're not afraid of those super solider vamps out there. You're not afraid of this game and you're not afraid of what it did to you. Hey, look at me. You're afraid of losing her. Charlie she's already gone."
1. Charlie: "I just want to tell her that I'm sorry and I love her and just have her hear it again. I just need her to hear that one more time but she can't. She…she can't." Dean: "I know. Believe me I know but you've got to let it go. Game over kiddo."


Quote Awards:

The "Words That Should be Banned from Winchester Lexicon" Award - "I'm fine."

Dean: "You okay?" Sam: "Yeah, yeah I'm fine."
Sam: "I'm fine. Dean I can still go out there. I can still hunt." Dean and me: "Really?"

-Anytime the Winchesters say they are fine, you know something bad is happening. It's their favorite lie - dad and sons. Unfortunately it's been their go-to lie since season 1. Time to retire it. If they really wanted to make the Winchesters mature, they would never utter this phrase again.


The "No Kidding Sister" Award -

Charlie: "That never happened in the books."

-You tell them Charlie. For the majority of 6 years the Winchesters have been both smart and capable. Now they can't do anything right. Secondary characters have to save the day. They need to be spoon-fed answers. Perhaps because they forgot the canon that presumably is in those dreaded books.


The "Are You Kidding? Sam would Never Say That" Award -

Sam: "Anyway that's our skinny."

-I did a second take when I heard this the first time. While this may or may not have been okay dialogue in Bitten, there is no way Sam would ever say this. I think someone's teenage years are showing and they are not Sam's .


The "Signature Line that Just Needs to Go Away" Award -

Charlie: "What's up b**?"

-Most recurring characters on Supernatural have a catch phrase. Charlie needs to change hers.


The "Worst Filler of All Fillers Summed Up in One Word" Award -

Charlie: "Montage."

-Dean watches some lady clothes shop. Really? Really? And this makes it to scene? Who the heck is editing these episodes? Talk about the biggest filler of all filler. Did Robbie Thompson not have enough material to make a 42 minute episode? Pointless, stupid, and a waste of my time. For the first time in my entire life, I turned off a Supernatural episode. I rewatched Arrow instead. Apparently the Winchesters are no longer interesting enough to watch for 42 minutes. We have to have a Charlie montage complete with her theme song instead. Bah!


The "Nooooo! We Promised to Never Mention that Travesty Again" Award -

Charlie: "I also found these series of books by Carver Edlund. Did those books really happen? Wow! That is some meta madness."

-Okay Jeremy, if you are going to completely screw over canon then it ought to work both ways. You are banned from bringing up the drek if you murder the good stuff.












Screencaps by Home of the Nutty - Woo hoo, they are back in business! I missed them!

My blog
My Twitter
SpoilerTV
dahne@spoilertv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment