Monday, October 30, 2017
The Shannara Chronicles - 2.04 - Dweller - Preview
2. Mareth continues to be the most intriguing new character. There is more backstory on her this time and her interactions with Allanon are topnotch. Mostly though, her reactions to what the other characters do and say show how hurt she really is by Allanon’s abandonment. Malese Jow continues to impress.
3. Flick is also developing into a great character. His interactions with Bandon change into a philosophical debate that I found far more interesting than I expected. Bandon is also turning into an accomplished villain. No doubt, he’s completely crazy but he believes in his own crazy with all-encompassing passion. It makes him the most fascinating villain so far.
4. Eretria is the Queen of the Pep Talk this season and her encouragement leads to one of the best scenes of the night.
5. Wil and Allanon may not get along, but they have the best character interaction in this episode. I like how Wil keeps encouraging Allanon to connect with Mareth and how Allanon represents another side to Wil’s dad that Wil never knew. The culminating end scene was cheesy, but fulfilling in its own right.
2. Will’s biggest personal trauma is….NOT Amberle becoming a tree. I don’t have a problem with this and I actually find it refreshing that they didn’t go there, but some people might be less pleased.
1. The more Riga is on screen, the more he feels like a cliche. It’s a shame because I thought he was intriguing in the beginning. Now he just makes one bad guy mistake after another. If he keeps killing off his own men, Ander won’t have to worry about fighting the Crimson. They’ll defeat themselves.
2. Even with backstory, Jax is uninteresting.
3. Seriously Hollywood, you have to start putting warning signs up before you show great, big spider-like creatures. Ugh, with a heaping help of blech on top. Where’s the brain bleach?