Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Quote of the Week - Week of Jan. 29
A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off in the comments below.
1. Ambassador: "Until a new Commander can ascend, Polis is to be ruled by the ambassadors of the coalition. If Azgeda wants it, they must take it by force." (Echo slits her throat.) Echo: "Consider it taken."
2. Indira: "I didn't agree to give them guns." Murphy: "Well, that's probably because you're not an idiot."
3. Clarke: "We couldn't save her, but we did what we came here to do. Now I need you to honor your promise to protect my people." Roan: "Yeah, that was before your people shot me and killed my Commander." (Dahne)
4. Bellamy to Clarke: "Okay, princess. What now?" (Meghan and Doug)
1. Daisy: "So May's a freaking robot." (Little Dreamer)
1. Rene: "You take your time. I got three patties and three slices of cheddar to go." Oliver: "That's disgusting." (Little Dreamer)
1. Nathan: "Have fun flying coach, d***." (Little Dreamer and Marko)
2. Paula: "Listen, we are gonna make Josh pay. I will help you. We'll TP his house, hack his Facebook. We'll key his car." Rebecca: "No, no, no. We can't do any of those things." Paula: "Why not?" Rebecca: "Because they're not enough. Because Josh Chan must be destroyed." (Little Dreamer and Marko)
1. Gregson: "You okay?" Watson: "Not really." (Milo)
2. Sherlock: "I'm referring to time itself." Watson: "Oh." Sherlock: "As rivals go, it's undefeated." Watson: "I just want you to know that if you tell me you're trying to build a flux capacitor, I'm out of here."
3. Brunelle: "Your partner dies with everybody else if you don't deliver." Sherlock: "If I don't deliver, it will be because she stays. We work as a team. I require her counsel." (Dahne)
4. Brunelle: "Do you have any idea what it's like to lose a child? If you ask any parent if they would die in place of a daughter or a son, I guarantee you the answer would be yes. And do you know why? It's not because of honor or duty or parental responsibility. It's because it's easier. It's easier to die than it is to be left behind. Every morning since Connor passed away, I wake up and I wish it was me instead of him."
1. Cisco: "She’s gonna kill me, isn’t she?” (Kate)
2. Iris: “I’m afraid…what if I end up just like my mom? Just gone without making a mark, without leaving anything behind." Barry: “Iris, your mom, she left something behind. She left a brave, wonderful son and the woman that I love. All right? I don’t know what the future holds, none of us do. I know that we will face it together." (Kate)
3. Julian: "She must have been having an off day." (Kate)
1. Tabitha (after Butch knocks Penguin unconscious): "You realize you have to carry him now." Butch: "Son of a b***." (Pop Culture Guy)
2. Butch: "Give me five minutes; he won’t refuse." Tabitha: "I’d do it in three." Butch: "Why you gotta do that?" Tabitha: "What?" Butch: "Cut me down like that in front of people." Tabitha: "I’m just saying." (Pop Culture Guy)
1. Michaela: "Let me remind you that the most basic legal tenet is innocence until proven guilty. That applies to Professor Keating, who let's be clear, is being framed for a crime she didn't commit. Yet this office still hasn't released a statement of support for her, which I understand from a covering-your-a** point of view, but not from a looking-to-the-future one. Professor Keating is Middleton Law. She is a brilliant, empowering force of legal nature, and you should think long and hard before you hang her out to dry." (Dahne)
2. Annalise: "Then why are you here? As my A. A. friend? 'Cause let me be clear If anyone offers me any liquor in here, I'm drinking it." (Dahne)
3. Connor: "You threatened him." Michaela: "Oh, please! That was a gentle nudge. You want to see a threat? Try me." (Dahne)
4. Asher: “It may come as a surprise to you, but I was not always the glue that held this group together. Yeah, I was late to the party too. Not that it’s a party. It’s a murder, but I get how scary this can be, finding out about all the awfulness. So I’m here if you ever need to talk or you just want a hug." (Kate and Dahne)
2. Conner: "I should have broken up with you, Oli, a long time ago. I should have rejected you or made you hate me, but instead I just needed you." Oliver: "I need you, too. Will you spoon me? Don’t let go." Conner: "I won’t." (Kate)
1. Charlie: "I do chokeslams and backbreakers, sharpshooters, cripplecreek ferries...." (Max Conte)
1. Abuela: "Even though you made it seem like I stole that necklace when I didn’t, you are a writer, Jane. An incredible writer and if this is what came out of all that drama with my sister and the letters and Catalina - well, it was all worth it. Thank you, for telling my story." (Kate)
2. Rafael: "Why would you destroy the will?" Petra: "I had to, for the babies. It’s the only thing I can do. We just started to bond. Do you remember when she paralyzed me? They don’t know me now. They cry when I hold them. But the money, I can help with the money, with you not losing your money." Rafael: "You’re gonna be okay, Petra. You’re gonna be okay." (Kate)
1. Matty to Riley: "You've fallen into my hands and it's on me to aim you at the right targets." (Daynah)
2. Mac to Jack: "Hey, look, we're not just partners, we're family, so any problem you have is a problem of mine." (Dahne)
3. Matty: "Look, they say that it's better to be lucky than it is to be good, but in my experience, anyone who has ever said that has wound up dead. So far, I think you've been really lucky. I don't want to be watching on a monitor the day your luck runs out." (Dahne)
4. Matty: "Okay, Bozer, I would love for this story to contain 100% less burger-related info and some hint of a point." (Dahne)
1. Emily: "You fired four people before you got to me?" Van: "Technically, they weren't fired. One was crushed by rubble before he started. I like to think of that as God firing him." (Dahne)
2. Van: "How do I look?" Jackie: "Like you don't understand how phones work." (Dahne)
3. Voice over: "Well, my name's Emily Locke and I grew up in what's known as a fly-over state. Superheroes never stopped there. They just flew over it. I don't have any powers so I did what everyone else in my town did: finished school and got a soul-crushing job." (Dahne)
1. Livewire: "Just us girls next time. We can braid each other's hair." (Zandarl)
2. Mon El: "I thought he was a professional desk person." (Marko)
2. Wynn: "If there’s a flaw in your suit that means the suit is faulty, which means I have to go fix it and that's already on top of me having to make Mon-El a suit." James: "Wait? Mon-El?" Wynn: "Oh yeah, didn’t you hear? He graduated from superhero kindergarten." (Prpleight)
1. Stiles: "Bad guy, right? I didn't misread that?" (Purpleight and Dahne)
2. Stiles: “Were we like that?” Scott: “Worse.” (Purpleight and Dahne)
3. HET: "You of all people, Scott, should know what happens to a lone wolf." Theo: "He's not alone. He's got a pack." Malia: "And Theo's not in it. But I am." Peter: "I'm not in the pack, but no one likes a Nazi."
4. Scott: "You want to split up." Stiles: "Never again." Scott (and the entire fandom): "Thank God."
5. Peter: "It's impossible." Malia: "We can try." Peter: "Where do you get this implausible optimism?" Malia: "Definitely NOT from my father." (Dahne)
BONUS - Stiles: "They still need us." Scott: "They'll always need us." Stiles: "And, you know, I need you. You know that." Scott: "I need you too. I'm gonna miss you." Stiles: "No really, I need you though. I lost my license in the Hunt, so you have to drive." Scott: "Your dad is Sheriff. I'm sure he'll let it slide. You drive." (Dahne)
1. Frank to Kyle: "Police work is like sex. It's more effective if it isn't pretty." (Djriter)
1. Bonnie: "Enzoooooooooooooo. Nooooo!" (Marko)