Monday, October 24, 2016
Quote of the Week - Week of Oct. 16
A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off in the comments below.
1. Jemma: "You can't have it both ways, Daisy. You can't push us away and then come crawling back half-dead only when you feel like it. It isn't fair. You've already put a gun to my head. We are in this together now so suck it up!" (Swanpride)
2. Daisy: “Whoever’s working in the terrible ideas division is crushing it.” (Swanpride)
3. Robbie: "Funny, I was gonna say the same thing without the accent." (Swanpride)
1. Dembe: "It won't come." Red: "What?' Dembe: "Forgiveness for Kate, for what I did." Red: "You did nothing." Dembe: "Exactly."
2. Ressler: "You know who she is and you're gonna give her that?" Hitchins: "Yes, Agent Ressler, he does but apparently you've forgotten. 'She' is your boss' boss' boss' boss." Ressler: "Well my boss' boss' boss' boss is a killer. See I know you murdered Reven Wright and one day, I'm gonna prove it."
3. Liz: "You don't have to apologize for trying to find our daughter."
1. Captain Holt: "Who do you work for, pizza man!? (Justyna)
1. Tess: "Don't throw it away because your boss is being a b**." (Marko Pekic, Zandarl, and Dahne)
2. Hayes: "Get the crime board ready I need to take a quick shower and change my underwear. Kidding. I never wear underwear." (Zandarl)
3. Hayes: "I'm sorry. Did I sleep through the repeal of the First Amendment? Being a hateful jacka** isn't grounds for four life sentences." (Dahne)
4. Frankie: "He's experienced enough to know it's not like making brownies. You don't just toss in an extra pinch of nitrogen." (Dahne)
5. CTU Guy: "I just wanted to talk." Maxine: "And you thought wearing a ski mask was a good ice breaker?" (Dahne)
1. Barry: "What’s Dad Cop?" Joe: "There’s good cop, bad cop and dad cop. Firm but reassuring. Cuts to the point." Barry: "I don’t think I know that one." Joe: "Yeah, I didn’t use it on you. Wally’s different from you. Barry, you’re like a second daughter. You overshare your feelings. Him I gotta be a little more nuanced." Barry: "Huh, cool." Joe: "I’m messing with you." (Prpleight)
1. Emory: "You signed me up for Karate Club." Eddie: "If you want to do karate, you should do karate." Emory: "And you're okay with that? I don't want to embarrass you." Eddie: "Who cares what I think? Who cares what anyone thinks? You do you, dawg. I'll just keep on putting those cracks in the jade ceiling."
2. Jessica: "Do you have experience with those? They are very delicate. They are arranged in a certain tableau. Each angle tells a different story." Mary: "Are they discussing the dust storm that just hit them?" Jessica: "They're covered in the fog of resiliency."
3. Evan: "Emory's not like you. He just wants to be himself and you're not letting him." Eddie: "Why? Because I'm blazing trails and breaking chains." Evan: "You're breaking your brother's spirit. He's just Emory. Stop making him feel bad for being who he is."
1. Michaela (to Drake): "Go anywhere near my bag or anyone else's in this room and your laptop won't be all you're missing, you spineless, tiny-balled, whiny excuse of a man! Walk away." (Laura Markus and Dahne)
2. Sam: "You were 13. You didn't know what you were doing." Frank: "I planned it for weeks, waited for the perfect moment. Looked forward to it and when it was over and he was under that car, screaming like an animal in a trap, my only thought was, 'You idiot, Frank. You couldn't even kill him right.' Now tell me I should get out of here." Sam: "You should." Frank: "Then you're even more of a sociopath than I am." Sam: "Sociopaths don't cry over what they did, Frank. Hey. You have good in you, okay? Just like all of us and I'm here to finally help you see that. You have good in you." (Dahne)
3. Annalise: "You sure you don't want the ashes? I mean we can cook them into slop, feed it to pigs, or just spread them in the worst place imaginable." (Dahne)
1. Narrator: “How does knowing the end affect the journey? Because some of you know how this is going to end.” (Emma)
2. Jane: “So sorry to bug you but the doctor just gave us an update and I think I was in shock and I didn’t ask anything but now I’m prepared. So I was wondering if I could talk to a doctor, any doctor. It doesn’t even have to be one of your good ones.” (Emma)
3. Michael: “Wait, who are you?... I’m just kidding.” (Emma)
1. Bailey: "Look, I just got a call from Riggs and I don't know if he's kidding, but..." Avery: "What is it?" Bailey: "He's asking for backup." Avery: "Send everyone - SWAT, hostage negotiators, everyone!" (Justyna and Dahne)
2. Trish: "Do you realize how many mistakes he made before lunch? Experience trumps youth every day of the week." Roger: "Tell that to my knees." (Dahne)
3. Riggs: "Hey, Rog?" Roger: "Yeah?" Riggs: "I kind of feel like talking some more." Roger: "Don't you dare ruin this moment." (Dahne)
4. Riggs: "I'm not leaving so you want to take them out, you're gonna have my blood on your hands, too."
Murtaugh: "Mine, too. You tried to kill me twice so I'm sure it doesn't have the same impact, but we're in this together." (Dahne)
1. Lucifer: “So, I need a favor.” Maze: “Favors are your thing not mine.” Lucifer: "All right then what about a wager.” Maze: “What’s in it for me?” Lucifer: “Whatever you want.” Maze: “Your convertible.” Lucifer: “Fine, but you need to take the detective out and have fun. Three drinks should do it.” Maze: "Sucker's bet. Easy." Lucifer: "Yes, but you’re not allowed to tie her up and pour booze down her throat." Maze: "Less easy." (Prpleight)
1. Mac: "I actually think I might have a solution to this, but it's... it's kind of risky." Jack: "What kind of risky?" Mac: "The 'it might derail the whole thing instantly killing everyone on board' kind." Jack: "Okay, good. We'll call that Plan A and not do that. What's Plan B?"
2. Jack: "Well you'll be happy to know that Thorton and I have talked about getting you some more field training, but don't worry. Once we're done with you, you'll make Jason Bourne look like Matt Damon."
3. Mac: "We're gonna have to move back to Plan C." Jack: "Plan C? Plan C went out the window 8 operatives and a helicopter ago. We're on, like Plan F right now, dude."
1. Mary: "I just have so much about you boys to catch up on. Mother stuff, you know - first tooth, first crush." Sam: "Yeah." Mary: "I just have a lot of blanks to fill in." Sam: "Right, uh...Dad's journal. His writing, his words helped me fill in some blanks and answer some questions I didn't know I had and you know, it…it..it keeps him with us sort of." Mary: "Thank you." Sam: "Good night." Mary: "Dean said you got out of hunting." Sam: "Yeah." Mary: "And yet here you are." Sam: "Well this is my family. My family hunts, you know? It's what we do. Mom, for me, just…um, having you here fills in the biggest blank."
2. Crowley: "What's the bloody hold up? He's the one and only Satan in the phonebook." Rowena: "It's witchcraft, not Google Maps."
3. Dean: "She was using a Chinese mind control technique. Hard to do when you're unconscious. Turns out this ape did read a book or two."
1. Bernard: "This pain, it’s all I have left of him." (Justyna)
2. Dolores: "There aren't two versions of me. There's only one. And I think when I discover who I am, I'll be free." (Darth Locke)
3. Bernard: "I guess people want to read about the things they want the most and experience the least." (Darth Locke)
3. Dolores: “You said someday. Not today or tomorrow or next week. Just someday. “Someday” sounds a lot like the thing people say when they actually mean 'never'." (Darth Locke)
1. Taylor: "My manager says that dense historical fiction isn't trending so for now I'm stuck acting like a drunk child while I pay off the rest of my student debt."
2. Josh: "Did they all go to the same plastic surgeon? Because they all look exactly the same." Liza: "Inbreeding. The 1% likes to keep the bloodlines closed."
3. Liza (about the Stoopid Girls): "They're gonna save the publishing industry?"