2016 Character Cup Rules:
1. This is a Silly Internet Contest, Not the Fate of the Nations - This contest is meaningless. The results are meaningless. No one involved in TV cares about who wins. It will NOT change the fate of any TV show anywhere. Don't take it seriously. Have fun. Discuss a lot.
2. Focus on Characters, Not People - Anyone can vote however they want for whatever reason they want and anyone can give their opinion on a character, favorable or not. Talking negatively about a character is NOT the same as attacking their fans. Keep the conversation to the characters. If you don't like what someone says about your character, comment on what you love about them. You might get new people to try your show. It's simple but worth repeating. Characters are NOT real. People are.
3. The Aliens Haven't Landed. There's No Conspiracy Here - I have no hidden agenda. Everything except people playing two characters is placed in brackets based on the number of nominations and polls. If your character goes against a giant, it's not personal. Mine will too. If I spell your character's name wrong, again it's not personal. It's just that I'm a sucky typist or sleep-deprived. Tell me; I'll fix it.
4. Leave Sour Grapes on the Vine - Yeah, it sucks when your favorite didn't make it or gets kicked off by a character you hate. Yep, the winning character will come from the most organized fandom that gets the word out the fastest. Them's the facts of life and internet polls. It doesn't mean we can't still have fun. Don't dwell on past polls or vetch about life's unfairness and it will be more enjoyable for everyone.
5. It's Not 2048 and My Name's Not Dorian - I will do my very best to keep the contest running smoothly and let you know the approximate time each poll ends. However, I am human and occasionally do silly things like get the time zone changes wrong. Again see #3. Let me know and I'll fix it. I apologize in advance for any technical difficulties.
6. Comments are the Wellspring of Hiatus Life - Most of us anxiously await the return of our favorite shows. Why not distract yourself with a little TV Talk? Each day we have a new topic. Come join us because even if you have no one to vote for in the polls, you can still discuss. While this contest is just a silly piece of internet fluff, the conversation here goes deep so jump on in.
Nuts and Bolts:
1. All polls, even the final one, will be about 24 hours long. A new poll goes up every day unless something unforeseen happens so you always know when your favorites compete. Due to our time crunch, the first round polls will be a little different and overlap each other. Please see the note in the first paragraph for details.
2. Everything is head-to-head competition unless there's a tie and then both go to the next round.
3. One vote per person per poll. Please do not try to cheat the polls. Please do not encourage other people to try to cheat the polls. It's annoying, stupid, and wastes everyone's time. It makes you look bad. It makes your fandom look bad. It makes your character look bad. It makes your show look bad. It makes all internet polls look bad. Just don't.