Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Teen Wolf - 5.19 - The Beast of Beacon Hills - Recap / Review and Episode Awards
Note - As always, I combined certain scenes so some are out of order given Teen Wolf's tendency to quick cut to some other character briefly before going back to the main story it was telling,
Previously - every character mentioned/exposited La Bête and Marie-Jeanne, even more said, "damnatio memoriae," Mason is La Bête, and Screamer is an idiot who uses his invisibility to whisk Mason away
Best Action - Braeden vs. Desert Wolf
Best Weresenses - Scott knows Screamer's there
Best Reaction - Braeden to Stiles wanting a gun
Best Snark - Stiles
Best Plan - Braeden's nut shell intruder alarm system
Worst Plan - steampunk scientists, unless their plan all along was to create a beast that kills them
Worst Employee Retention Program - Providing actually decent health care is so first term Obama. In Beacon Hills, the police just slash your tires to keep you from quitting your job.
Most Likely to Get a Bad Deal - Kira with the skinwalkers
Most Irritating - What? It's not Gerard. Look at you taking the crown, Deucalion.
Most in Need of a Grammar Tutor - Kira
Most Likely to Kill You Just for the Sport of It - Tracey, who actually makes a good padawan for Desert Wolf
Biggest Miracle - Kira and Scott are together on a bed and it does NOT turn into a sex scene
Biggest Facepalm - they keep punching the steampunk scientists in the helmet where it is has zero effect
Biggest Lecture - steampunk scientist schools Theo
Biggest Liar - Parrish, who promised he would go away but isn't even gone one episode
Biggest Laugh - Stiles drops the gun
Biggest Stalker - Screamer, who needs to go
Least Competition - Sheriff calls Parrish one of his best deputies. At this point, anyone alive and breathing on their own pretty much qualifies.
Least Surprising - A full moon is coming…in Beacon Hills. Go figure.
Smartest Cookie - Douchey for saying no to the helmet
The "Poor Baby" Award - Mama McCall's house
The "I'm with You" Award - For once, Liam, I agree with you. There is a thin line between desperate and stupid and I think the pack crossed it.
The "Welcome Back" Award - HistoryDad
Best Quotes -
1. Stiles (after being woken up from a nap): "What? What happened? Who's dead?"
2. Stiles: "Still nothing from Scott and Liam." Lydia: "Are we sure this is a good idea?" Stiles: "Uh…no, no one thinks this is a good idea." Sheriff: "But you're trusting Theo anyway?" Stiles: "We're not trusting him. We're using him." Lydia: "What if he's using us?" Stiles: "Yeah well, that's probably a given."
3. Theo: "We all want the same thing. We want Mason back." Scott: "Yeah but the difference is that we want him back alive." Theo: "Well I'm open to compromise."
5. HistoryDad: "As your father I'm obliged to warn you, this is dangerous." Kira: "As my father, I was hoping you wouldn't tell my mother." HistoryDad: "That's dangerous too."
6. Lydia: "Anything on your end?" Malia: "Not a thing and I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get out of this supernatural cage." Lydia: "The mountain ash is there to keep you safe." Malia: "I should be keeping Stiles safe."
7. Parrish: "I can't stay. I'm a hellhound. I have the word hell in my name. Hell." Sheriff: "You're also one of my best deputies."
Screencaps by Teen Wolf Tumblr, Matthew Daddarios, Forever Young Adult, FYT Wolf, Really Late Reviews, Mason Hewitt, Fangirlish, and Tumblr.