A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off below the article.
1. Cole: "I've got a buddy back in 2043, always says this thing. Everybody's got 2 wolves inside them. Both of them are starving. The one wolf is anger, envy, pride. The other one's truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart, but it's not the better wolf that wins. It's the one you feed. Cassie feeds the good one." (Dahne)
2. Cole: "You're a good man in any reality." Ramse: "Eh, see you on the flip side." (Dahne)
3. Aaron: "Operation Troy? How do you know about that? That's classified." Cole: "Where I come from, it's history." (Dahne)
1. Jasper: "I won't let you die." Maya: "I won't let you surrender." (Robert Fruin)
2. Kane: "Clarke escaped before the attack? She knew it was coming." Abby: "Yes. How could she do something like this?" Kane: "Because she grew up on the Ark. She learned what to do from us." Abby: "She let this happen. She could have stopped it." Kane: "She made a choice like executing people for stealing medicine and food. Like sucking the air from the lungs out 300 parents so they could save their children." Abby: "Like floating the man you love to save your people." Kane: "Yes. We have to answer for our sins, Abby." Abby: "After everything we've done, do we even deserve to survive?" (Robert Fruin and Dahne)
3. Lexa: "Victory stands on the back of sacrifice." (Daniel van deer Veer)
4. Jasper: "What do we do?" Bellamy: "Stay alive and be ready to fight. War is coming." (Daniel van deer Veer and Dahne)
5. Lincoln: "Just let him kill me. Then take him out. Come on Clarke. Please, your people need you." Clarke: "You are my people." (Dahne)
1. Peggy: "You think you know me - but I've never been more than what each of you has created. To you I'm a stray kitten left on your doorstep to be protected, the secretary turned damsel in distress, the girl on a pedestal transformed into some daft whore. You're behaving like children." (Tonya Papanikolas and Dahne)
2. Peggy: "I conducted my own investigation because no one listens to me. I got away with it because no one looks at me - because unless I have your reports, your coffee or your lunch, I'm invisible." (Tonya Papanikolas and Dahne)
1. Thea: "I will work with you to stop Ra's, because that's what my brother says we need to do. So I will be your student. I'll be your partner, even. If I have to, I will be your soldier. But never again will I be your daughter." (Robert Fruin and Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Maseo: "What were you thinking? Anyone at that party could have seen you." Oliver: "Yeah, I pulled the hoodie down over my face." Maseo: "That disguise wouldn't work even if you smeared greasepaint over your face." (Daniel van deer Veer)
3. Quentin: "The reason why I want to open up this bottle and crawl inside is because of what you did to us. I loved your sister. I love your mom. So much like each other, you know, these wild spirits. But, you and I, we had something more than that, because we were the ones that were alike. And we had a trust, and we had a bond, and you broke it. And, I don't know how you could do that to us. But I'm gonna survive this. I mean, I got to. It's my baby girl. But what you've done, I don't know how I'm going to live through this." (Daniel van deer Veer)
1. Sugar: "Do you wanna know what I think?" Job: "You do know my answer to that question never changes, right?" (Bradley Adams)
2. Job: "Run through it again." Sugar: "We've already done it six times." Job: "And we are going to do it a seventh time if you can count that high." (Bradley Adams)
3. Job: "Baby, I have seen every side of you there is. Reckless, dumb, and especially stubborn. But I ain't never seen this. You in the deep end. If you don't keep your head above water, you going to drag the rest of us down there with you." (Sandi) ~If Job has never seen Hood this low before then things really are bad...
4. Sugar: "Everybody still breathing back there?" (Sandi) ~I feel this line from Sugar was as much to the audience as it was to the guys in the back of the truck. That was one hell of a heist!
5. Brock: "Listen to me. You have got to get as far away from that man as possible." Emily: "You don't understand. We have a connection." Brock: "Connection? No, no. You know what it is? You think you can fix him the same way you tried to fix me." (Sandi) ~Poor Brock, still in love with his ex-wife and trying to do the right thing by her.
1. Glen: "I got two week's vacation I got to take before the end of the year or I lose it." Red: "It's February." (Bradley Adams)
2. Glen: "Your tone is insulting." Red: "My tone? I endured 13 hours with you on my jet! 12 of which you had your shoes off. You snored; you insulted my flight attendant." Glen: "I thought she was pregnant!" (Bradley Adams)
1. APRIL: "Graham's allergic to latex." BETH: "How delicate. What do you guys use, flower petals? Silk scarves?" (Sharon Seymour)
1. Ophelia: "Don't you recognize a VIP when you see one? Your boss came out of my V and her daddy's P." (Robert Fruin, Laura Markus, and Bradley Adams)
2. Ophelia: "Our house burned down to the ground and we were left with nothing. Still, your face was clean, your belly was fed and your butt was covered. I took care of you. I protected you." (Robert Fruin)
3. Connor: "See, this is why I don't do chicks." (Laura Markus)
4. Connor: "I want this, and I want you. I really do... when you're sober. Sleep tight." Oliver: "I love you." (Laura Markus)
1. Marmion: "Food should have been left for us, but it never came. It wasn't infection that killed us. It was hunger. YOU starved us to death out of sheer indifference. I had to look at my family, my wife, our two boys. I had to choose who would get the scraps of food I scavenged. Choose who should live and die. My wife wouldn't touch a bite while her children were hungry. She withered away before my eyes. At the end, I only had enough food for one of my dying boys. I had to choose between them, but I loved them both too much. So I tossed a coin and let fate decide. My youngest was saved. But a week later, he died anyway. Now, you also know what it feels like to condemn one innocent to save another." (Sandi) ~Leo Gregory was superb as Marmion, the man who had lost everything due to the King's (well, most likely the old Cardinal's) decisions.
2. Athos: "That was either a wounded bull or Porthos." (Sandi)
3. Athos: "I heard you broke a window." Aramis: "Better that than my neck." (Sandi and Dahne) ~Both of these are just fan pleasing one liners that show how much the Musketeers know each other so well.
1. State Trooper Johnson: "What do we have there?" Fornell: "It's okay. It's prescription bourbon." (Daniel van deer Veer)
2. Fornell: "I'm done."
Gibbs: "You're done -- with what? Embarrassing yourself? Or you mean embarrassing the badge. You've done a good job with both." [Fornell punches Gibbs in his face] Gibbs: That all you got, Alice? [Fornell tries to hit Gibbs again but Gibbs shoves him through the door] (Daniel van deer Veer)
1. Oscar: "He's not gay." Roy: "Are you sure? He seems a little gay." Oscar: "No, he seems incredibly gay, but he's not." Roy: "That's a shame. I always wanted to have a gay friend - you know, to just seem more evolved." Teddy: "You already have a black friend - what are you trying to prove?" (Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Felix: "I'm sorry. Is this bothering you? I'd choose a piece more to your liking, but it's hard to play porn on a cello." (Tonya Papanikolas)
3. Oscar: "Well when Gabby left, she took the maid." Felix: "Are you sure? I think I saw something moving under that pile." (Dahne)
1. FINCH: "How goes the moonlighting, Mr. Reese? Uncover any hidden threats?" REESE: "Do empty carbohydrates count?” (Sharon Seymour)
1. Bash: "You may not have strayed explicitly but clearly you want more than you have." Kenna: "I do. I want a good life and a husband to share it with. I'm sick of being judged for it just because you want less: less comfort, less responsibility, less of me." (Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Mary (to Conde): "I am done being a vessel for other peoples' wishes and fears. I will not wait for a child or anyone to secure my life and future. I am seizing it. And in that light, what I want is so clear. I want you - at my side, as you have been these many months. I know it is a huge request and I urge you to think on it because if you say yes, you could be risking your life. Come to Scotland where we can be together - a new life for us both." (Tonya Papanikolas)
3. Lola: "This is your daughter!" Duchess: "Yes. She took our breath away, too." Lola: "She has your nose. And your eyebrow. Are those ears? Why are they so far back?" Francis: "Ah, Lola, I see you've met the Von Amsbergs." Lola: "And their baby. Johnnie would have to be a saint to marry it." (Sandi)
4. Lola: "He didn't even offer me a bath. And he always offers a bath." (Sandi)
1. Beth: "Don't tell me to calm down, Jack. We need to find her [Tracey] now." (Laura Markus)
2. Gene: "It's okay, Perry. I'm here to help you out. As usual." (Laura Markus)
3. Perry: "The way you come and go…I have no idea what you're up to." Ray: "Because you disapprove of my actions, Perry. That judge-y face of yours is extremely annoying." (Dahne)
4. Vicki: "Calm down, John. That was not a veiled threat. It was right out there in the open." (Dahne)
1. Mike: "I got into this whole thing to help people. I don't know how much time I have left. Let me help these people." (Laura Markus)
2. Harvey: "Mike, great job. You really stepped it up." Mike: "Thanks Harvey, I think you might be starting to come into your own too." (Laura Markus)
3. HARVEY: "I have to admit, when I saw your name was Evan, I thought you were a man." EVAN: "And I have to admit, when I saw your name was Harvey, I thought you were a man." HARVEY: "I think I'm in love." (Sharon Seymour and Laura Markus)
1. Sam: "It's called true crime, Dean. It's a hobby." Dean: "No, bass fishing, needlepoint, that's a hobby, okay? Collecting serial killer stats…that's…that is an illness." (Dahne)
2. Dean: "My turn." Sam: "Dean look, we want to help." Dean: "No, no. With you in the ring, you'd just be a liability." Cas: "Dean?" Dean: "I'd be too worried about what he could do to you…or what I could. Plus I need you three out here to take out whatever comes out of there. And I'm serious. I mean whatever comes out." Crowley: "Happily." (Dahne)
3. Rowena: "You've got the crown, but you're no ruler. Not really. A sad, bored, wee boy on the throne who flew a** up the second those Winchesters, hunters who'd as soon see you dead as to have you to tea, asked you too. You're no king, not anymore. You're their b**." (Dahne)
12 Monkeys -
1. Aaron: "So how the hell we doing this?" Cole: "We go in. We get Cassie. We get out." Aaron: "That's it. How about a plan this time?" Cole: "Everybody wants a plan. There's no time." Aaron: "You're a time traveler."
2. Jones: "James, you and I are breaking the unwritten rules of the universe. In time, it's going to take what its owed. Eventually, it will kill you." Cole: "How many jumps have I got left?" Jones: "Not as many as I'd like." Cole: "Is it enough?" Jones: "It has to be."
The 100 -
1. Abby: "Your femoral artery is lacerated. The weight of the beam is the only thing keeping you alive." Kane: "Hell of a bandage."
2. Monty: "Nope, leave the hallway cameras. We'll need eyes out there." Jasper: "You can do that?" Monty: "Have you met me?"
Agent Carter -
1. Jarvis: "Ready?" Carter and Jarvis: "I…2…" Jarvis: "Wait. What if there are people behind this mirror that we're breaking?" Carter: "Then they may get hurt. There'll be a spray of glass." Jarvis: "I see." Carter and Jarvis: "I….2…" Jarvis: "Now wait. What if these hypothetical people behind the mirror have guns?" Carter: "Then we may get hurt. There'll be a spray of bullets." Jarvis: "I see." Carter: "1…2…3." Jarvis: "No people. Everybody wins." Carter: "I've just thought of something." Jarvis: "We're still attached to a table." Carter: "We are still attached to a table." Thompson: "What the hell is going on in here?"
2. Carter: "No one's coming." Jarvis: "I know you may be universally despised in this establishment but they barely know me."
3. Carter: "Have you ever been hanged, Mr. Jarvis?" Jarvis: "I can't say that I have, no." Carter: "It is quite unpleasant."
1. Natalie: "Haven't you heard of the Masons? It's like a cool secret society." Sarah: "Well if it's so secret then why do they give public tours."
2. Sam: "Have a beer with her. Just don't take her to a dive bar or anyplace where some drunk guy might try to grab her butt. It won't end well for them. And don't…do NOT get into a game of quarters with her. That won't end well for you."
3. FBI Leader: "If you keep this in your pocket, you can have your ball back."
4. Sam: "Because the CIA encourages its undercover officers to avoid places filled with reporters and news cameras. We leave that to our friends at the FBI." Alex: "Right." Sam: "Get the hell out of there."
1. Amber's Dad: "I don't appreciate your tone, Detective Almond." Almond: "Your daughter's a drug user and an extortionist. I'm not sure I appreciate your parenting skills."
2. Backstrom: "I have you for a 72 hour hold. I plan on us spending every minute of that together." Almond: "Cruel and unusual punishment."
3. Niedermayer: "Lieutenant, we're running out of time. We have to think of something fast." Backstrom: "Damn it." Almond: "No, it's time to think of something slow. We need to pray." Backstrom (laughing): "Yeah, seriously. Okay, good. Knock yourselves out." Moto: "Lieutenant, you said that you'd do whatever it takes to catch that bogeyman."
The Big Bang Theory -
1. Sheldon: "May I say something?" Leonard: "Not right now Sheldon." Sheldon: "But I think it will be comforting." Leonard: "Buddy…" Howard: "No, it's okay. What?" Sheldon: "When I lost my own father, I didn't have any friends to help me through it. You do."
2. Sheldon: "I'm sorry you had to see that." Penny: "I'm sorry I didn't have a camera."
3. Nathan: "Oh I think you've made a mistake. I'm not an actor." Raj: "Don't say that. I mean you're no Dame Judi Dench but you're pretty great."
1. Dre: "My daughter's dating a white boy." Josh: "Sweet." Dre: "What? Did you just say sweet like it's some kind of victory?" Josh: "No, no, no. I'm just saying that it's cool - like ebony and ivory." Dre: "What's wrong with ebony and ebony?" Charlie: "It'd be a pretty hard piano to play!" (Tonya Papanikolas)
1. Sherlock: "Yesterday, you asked me why I held on to your apartment. You worried that I'm having second thoughts about your return here. I merely question your haste, the timing of it all, so I took steps to keep your options open for your benefit." Watson: "Do you want me living here or not?" Sherlock: "I do. I've never wavered on that. Even having you here the last few days has had a measurable benefit to our process." Watson: "Then what is it?' Sherlock: "For a long time I have argued that you should fully embrace the life of a detective. You've always had a valid rebuttal. I might not share your need for a more balanced existence but I accept it. Now, abruptly, my words hold more truth for you. You're rushing to shed the skin of your former self. You're abandoning your belongings as if leaving the site of a contamination."
2. Sherlock: "Luc speaks not one word of English. In fact, he barely speaks at all. It is but one of his many virtues and a real moving company will step foot in the brownstone over my moldering corpse."
3. Cardenas: "You know they're calling him the Aceway Killer?" Sherlock: "I can only imagine how infuriating that must be when you worked so hard to earn that moniker all by yourself."
1. Cookie: "Shut up, both of y'all. One night of your little selfish lives. Now your brother Andre is out there trying to hustle up big time investors, trying to make your father's dream come true. And he worked his a** off for this moment, right here, right now. Fought his way like a dog out of the projects for you two ingrates. Now can you please come together for this one thing your father needs so he can bring this thing home for you. You hear me? I said, 'Do you hear me?' " Lucious: "Hakeem, listen to your mother. A very wise woman. You all take a minute."
2. Lucious: "Well how do you know it's not his baby?" Cookie: "You've got to have sex to make a baby, Lucious."
3. Hakeem: "He's dying and you're worrying about an IPO."
Eye Candy -
1. Tommy: "We need to communicate better, darling. It can be very disturbing when you do things on your own." Lindy: "But we agreed. You can't control me. I don't work for you." Tommy: "You know what, test away."
2. Lindy: "Would it help if I drew a line with a Sharpie?"
3. Tommy: "You're wirelessly routed directly to the command server of the hospital. Not exactly legal." George: "Well you know that depends on your definition of legal." Tommy: "The opposite of illegal." George: "Ah yes, that would make sense."
The Flash -
1. Harrison/Reverse Flash: "It's good to see you again, General." Eiling: "Who are you?" Harrison/Reverse Flash: "Who am I?" Eiling: "Harrison You're one of them. A meta-human." Harrison/Reverse Flash: "Yes, I am. And I protect my own." Eiling: "Who was that?" Harrison/Reverse Flash: "Now, that is an old friend of ours." Grodd: "General." Eiling: "That voice It's in my head. Dear God." Grodd: "Not God. Grodd." (Sandi)
2. Stein: "Excuse me, are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?" (Dahne)
3. Caitlin: "I had Ronnie but then I lost him. Then I found him again but he wasn't actually Ronnie. Then I got him back, but just for a day until I lost him again." Cisco: "You guys are like 10 seasons of Ross and Rachel but just like smooshed into one year." (Dahne)
4. Barry: "Impossible's just another Tuesday for us, remember?" Cisco: "Yeah but this is like some Twilight Zone level stuff, and I say that knowing full well that we have a guy locked up in our basement who can turn himself into poison gas." Ronnie: "Wait. Really?" Cisco: "Dude, that was like week 3." (Dahne)
Fresh Off the Boat -
1. Jessica: "I don’t have to say I'm sorry to him, Louis. I gave birth to him. Life is worth a thousand I am sorry's."
2. Louis: "These are not the type of crabs Maryland is known for, and most important, like we always say during the SNL monologue when a musician hosts, wrap it up."
3. VO: "My mom convinced my dad to let her give the Sexual Harassment seminar by…well, pretty much harassing him."
The Goldbergs -
1. Beverly: "Our babies can't live in a van. They could get snatched by a kidnapper, who wouldn't need a creepy van because he's being conveniently provided with one."
2. Murray: "Well if you were trying to kill us from worry, you're the big winner here." Erica: "No, you are. I know I always talk about how much I hate this house and your dumb rules, but when I actually got a chance to go I couldn't do it." Murray: "Yeah this one really got away from us." Erica: "I am so damn stubborn that I almost ran away because I didn't want to put gas in the car." Murray: "Alright, so you and me, we don't back down. I don't see that as a bad thing." Erica: "You don't seriously believe that, do you?" Murray: "Oh yeah. When I was your age, I was a cr** student. There was this guidance counselor who told me that I should take up a trade 'cause no college would ever take a guy like me. So out of spite, I worked my butt off. I got into Penn State and that's where I met your mother." Erica: "So I literally wouldn't be here if you weren't such a pigheaded jerk." Murray: "That is correct and mark my words, when you do finally leave this house the world better watch out. But give me a few more years. I'm not ready to let you go just yet."
3. Pops: "I just don't understand how you could say those horrible things about Old Mother Hubbard. That's her dog. They're friends."
Hart of Dixie -
1. Chicken: "What kind of fool name is Scooter?" Chicken's brother: "Yeah, good point, Chicken." (Tonya Papanikolas)
How to Get Away with Murder -
1. Mama: "Oh I know how…how you've been torturing yourself about what went on here, baby. Maybe you did something real bad. I don't know. Don't much care if you did. I know if you did, you had your reason because sometimes you got to do what you've got to do even if all you've got is a long match and a very flammable hooch."
2. Bonnie: "Why'd you lie to me about Sam? I asked you to your face what happened and you said you didn't know." Frank: "We're not doing this while you're wasted." Bonnie: "She told you not to tell me, right?" Frank: "Do you blame her?" Bonnie: "No, that's why I can't go up there."
3. Connor: "Wow, you even know how to kill a natural high."
4. Annalise: "Mama, that was one of my students." Annalise's mother: "Someone's always the student, someone's always the teacher. That's how sex works best." (Tonya Papanikolas)
The Musketeers -
1. Porthos: "Next time try using the door, all right?" Rochefort: "This is all very moving, but can we get on with the business of saving the King?" Athos: "Get the Queen to safety....and come straight back." (Sandi)
2. Milady: "So, that is the reward for virtue. To be left with nothing." Athos: "Not entirely. You have my respect." Milady: "Once upon a time that might have been important to me." (Sandi and Dahne) ~It took a lot for Athos to admit this to his estranged wife. Saving his life during the final battle obviously impressed him.
3. Milady: "Frankly I would rather be dead than listen to your endless babble for one more minute."
4. Milady: "What? You've never seen a woman before? From the look of you, probably not."
5. Robert: "Marmion is my brother. I would follow him to hell if he asked me." Marguerite: "Hell is where you're going for this." Robert: "I've been there already, milady. It doesn't frighten me anymore."
The Odd Couple -
1. Oscar: "Clearly you were sent from your planet to tidy up ours."
2. Oscar: "Teddy, you filming my sports ticker." Teddy: "And your 10 TVs. The next time my wife tells me I'm spending money like an idiot, I'm gonna show her this." Oscar: "You know what you should get a sports wall. You're my agent. Tell Diane you need one for work." Teddy: "Oh Oscar, you get a wife or a wall. No man gets both."
3. Oscar: "Trial separation? You were in couple's therapy for 8 years and the last year, you were the only one who was going."
1. Daniel: "Go forth. Make bad decisions. Discover something."
2. Max: "You know I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why it is you won't talk to us and just right now I finally figured it out. It's got nothing to do with your disease or the surgery. It's about you being a stubborn a**hole, Doc."
3. James: "Roger, if you say another word about my son I'm gonna shove that glass so far down your throat it's going to pin your a** to the chair."
Rizzoli & Isles -
1. Jane: "Any clues from the letters?" Maura: "They reveal someone intelligent, probably college educated. She's clever, manipulative, and a woman who is clearly disturbed and frustrated." Jane: "You just described how I feel about this case."
2. Jane: "Bye, bye alibi." Korsak: "Later, later perpetrator."
3. Jane: "So there's this place in San Diego and they put civilians through Hell Week." Maura: "Hell is something I'm trying to avoid."
1. Jack: "Jack Larsen." Vicki: "Yes, transferred from NYPD homicide." Jack: "Yeah, and I make a bad first impression. Just to warn you." Ben: "I can vouch for that."
2. Gene: "So is this Ray a violent guy or is he messed up in the head, kind of like…" Perry: "Like me?" Gene: "No, what I meant…nah, that's what I meant."
3. Perry: "I don't want any innocent people to get hurt." Ray: "Oh that is such the appropriate thing to say but we both know that is a lie. You secretly want me to be the bad guy. That is why you went to Seattle to spring me out of the crazy house, because you do not have the courage to do it yourself." Perry: "That's not true." Ray: "Oh yes it is." Perry: "That's not true." Ray: "And it's okay. Just don't be such a nagging, little b** about it. Just let it happen. You want Beth, we have to break her bit by bit. She will start to unravel, weaken, make poor decisions. She'll start to separate herself from others. And I do realize that that this is not exactly the nicest way to treat someone you love, but I do believe it will all work out in the end."
State of Affairs -
1. Charlie: "There was never a Dr. Jekyll. Just Mr. Hyde."
2. PotUS: "Are you asking me for a contract?" Gantry: "No ma'am, I am asking you for a hunting license."
3. Kurt: "You guys know, right?" Givens: "Yeah, we're just sharing this awkward moment with you."
1. Cain: "This may be hard to believe in light of what I'm about to do to you, but I care about you Dean. I truly do and I know I'm doing you a favor. I'm saving you." I'm saving you." Dean: "Saving me from what?" Cain: "From your fate. Has it ever occurred to you? Have you ever mused upon the fact that you're living my life in reverse? My story began when I killed my brother and that's where your story inevitably will end." Dean: "No, never." Cain: "It's called the Mark of Cain for a reason. First, first you'd kill Crowley. There'd be some strange mixed feelings on that one, but you'd have your reason. You'd get it done. No remorse. And then you'd kill the angel, Castiel. Now that…that I'd suspect would hurt something awful. And then, then would come the murder you'd never survive. The wound that would finally turn you into as much as a savage as it did me." Dean: "No." Cain: "Your brother Sam. The only thing standing between you and that destiny is this blade. You're welcome, my son."
2. Rowena: "Whiners beget whiners. You can't reward behavior like that."